Longer sway bar end links for front - better handling questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02Greenz71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I broke 2 sets of stock length links (6"). Installed the Cognito's and haven't had an issue since. Mine are the 7" ones. See installed pics above.

https://www.alligatorperformance.co...way-bar-end-link-kit-for-01-15-gm-2500hd-3500

Sent from the *******, mid push.

Well, I got in a hurry and ordered the ones off the eBay link.... I'm not sure if they are going to work, it says not for 1500 light duty. I thought I had read somewhere on a different forum that someone had used them, but they had to make the hole in the lca slightly larger. Either way I guess I'm going to find out. Should have just ordered the cognito's. One of my links is broken and I'm having to drive my work truck, what a pain!!

http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=381787619701

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Runnin extended 3500HDs they're holding strong.

Thought the brake line brackets needed to be moved for proper clearance but they're fine in stock location, no issues, corners awesome

IMG_20161027_153748.jpg

02Greenz71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm running Cognito's in the front. 20d85f17870979524c1569c5779838c8.jpgd512751b6362b313e9ffc6c6486367c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOT
I broke 2 sets of stock length links (6"). Installed the Cognito's and haven't had an issue since. Mine are the 7" ones. See installed pics above.

https://www.alligatorperformance.co...way-bar-end-link-kit-for-01-15-gm-2500hd-3500

Sent from the *******, mid push.

I went ahead and got the cognito fronts, from alligator performance. Great price and delivery time.
The instructions said to put the clevis in the LCA, so that is how my mechanic installed them. They don't seem to line up with the sway bar like they should. It seems to drive okay although I've only had it on the highway for about five miles. I see you installed the clevis to the sway bar. Should I flip mine?On the other hand, I recently hit a small deer doing about 75. I didn't think it did much damage other than a broken fog light and front bumper pushed back an inch, maybe. I guess the deer could have possibly bent the sway bar or LCA.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Runnin extended 3500HDs they're holding strong.

Thought the brake line brackets needed to be moved for proper clearance but they're fine in stock location, no issues, corners awesome

View attachment 71722

So they just fit in with no modification? that is interesting. I assumed that you'd have to ream it out.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No modifications needed. The 3500's use the same bore diameter as the rest.

Very impressed with the quality. Heavy grade steel threaded center lug. Even the upper and lower bolts also high grade. No rust even driving the salted roads for a few months. Gonna pick up another set for the other truck.

Knope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No modifications needed. The 3500's use the same bore diameter as the rest.

Very impressed with the quality. Heavy grade steel threaded center lug. Even the upper and lower bolts also high grade. No rust even driving the salted roads for a few months. Gonna pick up another set for the other truck.
Would you recommend these for a near stock front height? Setup will have 5100 Bilsteins in the front with mild crank of the torsion bar.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good question. They might be too long. You may just want stock or adjustable length and some energy bushings.

Knope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good question. They might be too long. You may just want stock or adjustable length and some energy bushings.
Luckily, I still have a box of energy suspension parts lying around somewhere. I'll see if the end links are still in there. Thanks