Long tube headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02Z71Raven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so just to ressurect this aggressively beaten horse, what long tube headers am I looking to put on my 02 Tahoe 4x4?

02Z71Raven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brand or size?

Both.

I'm replacing the motor with an expected 400hp to 425hp 5.3, so I'll need the airflow.
Completely new exhaust all the way back,so I have options.
I don't necessarily need the high dollar headers, but I always try to stay away from the cheapest brand.

02Z71Raven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now my motor guys I recommending shorty's and his exhaust guy to finish it out with a custom exhaust all with way back.
I trust them but any advice on the subject is always appreciated.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now my motor guys I recommending shorty's and his exhaust guy to finish it out with a custom exhaust all with way back.
I trust them but any advice on the subject is always appreciated.
Shortys? I can’t believe en engine builder would recommend them. They offer nearly no horsepower gain over the factory manifolds. If you don’t mind paying for quality, ARH or Kooks are high quality and fit awesome and when it’s time to remove mid pipes or y pipes to service the trans or oil pan you’ll be glad you went with them. This is more important if you have 4WD or AWD.

02Z71Raven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shortys? I can’t believe en engine builder would recommend them. They offer nearly no horsepower gain over the factory manifolds. If you don’t mind paying for quality, ARH or Kooks are high quality and fit awesome and when it’s time to remove mid pipes or y pipes to service the trans or oil pan you’ll be glad you went with them. This is more important if you have 4WD or AWD.
Got it, thanks for the tip. I brought this up because I was thinking along the same lines. If there is no significant gain, long tube seems better for me to work with later if I need to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos