Long term owners of BlackBear Autocal tunes.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Loving my tune so far however I feel the 1-2 shift is a little harsh when getting on it a bit. Like half throttle or a bit more she lets me know she shifted. I mean, it’s ok by me if it ain't gonna break anything. It has softened some as I put more miles on it. I plan to data log again and send it for a review/revision. Not sure if I will address it or not.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loving my tune so far however I feel the 1-2 shift is a little harsh when getting on it a bit. Like half throttle or a bit more she lets me know she shifted. I mean, it’s ok by me if it ain't gonna break anything. It has softened some as I put more miles on it. I plan to data log again and send it for a review/revision. Not sure if I will address it or not.
You wont break anything unless you have a lot of power adders. When you get your blower and cam installed you might want to think about it. :cool:

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With my new/1st-time tune I requested a 91/93 octane optimization, as I have close access to 91(ethanol-free) and 93 octane gas.

Is there a noticeable difference in a 91/93 tune vs. an 87 octane tune?

I work from home, and don't put a lot of miles on my truck, so gas prices aren't the most expensive thing I typically worry about, which is nice. (also had a lot of tuned turbo-4s, and some BMW V8s, so I only ever ran 93 and didn't think twice)

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With my new/1st-time tune I requested a 91/93 octane optimization, as I have close access to 91(ethanol-free) and 93 octane gas.

Is there a noticeable difference in a 91/93 tune vs. an 87 octane tune?

I work from home, and don't put a lot of miles on my truck, so gas prices aren't the most expensive thing I typically worry about, which is nice. (also had a lot of tuned turbo-4s, and some BMW V8s, so I only ever ran 93 and didn't think twice)
I could tell the difference with my 4.8 in my 08 Silverado. I would say it probably depends on a few factors. You should have both tunes available since they typically send both so you can load one, drive around a bit, then load the other and compare.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I could tell the difference with my 4.8 in my 08 Silverado. I would say it probably depends on a few factors. You should have both tunes available since they typically send both so you can load one, drive around a bit, then load the other and compare.
I found it takes a good week for the truck to settle into the tune. Mine continues to get better as I drive. So, If you switch tunes stick with it for a couple weeks so the truck can adjust.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11