Long and low

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

superstarsteveo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2005 2wd Escalade 4/5 DJM Lowering kit and 24” Snowflakes (Sold)
Current ride, 07 Yukon Denali Street Edge 3/4 Lowering Kit w/26” Snowflakes and 295’s

0404E42B-F0B6-4D2F-A4AB-E735ACF55C14.jpeg C1B76100-7AFD-4157-89AF-916506A79545.jpeg 24576D50-29D9-4EF1-8B2F-61CE9A970D11.jpeg 35571DF5-B181-4C71-B0AF-E76249EC919D.jpeg 5DC08ED7-6458-4A3C-A3ED-844826D8CACA.jpeg

OP
OP
Doug118

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Yukon looks really good. 295/30/26? I know I’m going to have to add some camber to the front to get the tires to clear

superstarsteveo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Doug, the pic of the Yukon was taken right off the rack..... pre alignment. Im going to align it today however I fear that adding too much camber won't allow the travel it needs to clear the fender. I used a +30 offset to push the wheel as far to the outside of the inner fender and 1/4 panel as possible... Im also going to have to play with the caster, off the rack the front wheels sit about 1.5" too far back in the wheel well which off the rack caused some minor turning issues. Before l left my shop last night I cut a pair of 1/2", 3/4" and I should arrive to 1" strut spacers on the cnc machine just in case I need to lift it to correct anything I can't correct in the alignment. The wheel wells eat up the 26's and a static drop that tucks a 26, just looks bad ass to me... I hope I can keep it the way it is without having to add any spacers.

Yes they are 295/30R26's and I wish I would have done an Yukon XL or Suburban like you did.

on a side note, my wife said "great now you look like a drug dealer" hahahahah

OP
OP
Doug118

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The strut spacers, do they go on the bottom or top of the strut? How much would you charge for the same ones you made last night? I’d love to easily be able to fine tune the height in the front without having to take apart the entire strut

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doug, the pic of the Yukon was taken right off the rack..... pre alignment. Im going to align it today however I fear that adding too much camber won't allow the travel it needs to clear the fender. I used a +30 offset to push the wheel as far to the outside of the inner fender and 1/4 panel as possible... Im also going to have to play with the caster, off the rack the front wheels sit about 1.5" too far back in the wheel well which off the rack caused some minor turning issues. Before l left my shop last night I cut a pair of 1/2", 3/4" and I should arrive to 1" strut spacers on the cnc machine just in case I need to lift it to correct anything I can't correct in the alignment. The wheel wells eat up the 26's and a static drop that tucks a 26, just looks bad ass to me... I hope I can keep it the way it is without having to add any spacers.

Yes they are 295/30R26's and I wish I would have done an Yukon XL or Suburban like you did.

on a side note, my wife said "great now you look like a drug dealer" hahahahah

Dat hellaflush 'Kon, yo.

Fo real, I like your approach to this and wishI could get away with 26s.

OP
OP
Doug118

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't remember, but I think you notched the crossmember above the axle where the panhard bar hits like I did... didn't you?

Do you have the air lift bags inside your springs???

I just got Rancho 9 way adjustable struts for the front of mine.

Haven't got them put on yet but after I do, if I like them, I have been kicking around the idea of ditching the 6" rear springs and going to the Trailblazer SS air bags in the rear hooked up to the auto leveling compressor and going with the Rancho 9 way adjustable shocks in the rear as well.

Currently the rear bounces around like an old hoopty when going over certain bridges that have repetitive humps. Nothing bottoms out but it just rides like an old Caddy with worn out shocks in the back.

I figured out why the back of my truck was riding like dog shit. The trailing arm bracket bolt pulled through the washer so the whole bracket was just loose. I welded the trailing arm bracket and shock extension brackets right to the rear end and now the truck rides like a dream

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davonlwilliams33