Loaded 2009 Yukon Denali XL Value?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After looking at Nada, edmunds, kbb and replies on here I was thinking 17k would be a fair number for both of us. It has a dented bumper which will cost $1000-$1500 for repair and paint. The tires also have only a season left on them. Am I in the Ball park at $17k?

If your comfortable at that price, then yes. Most 2009s will be over 100k miles by now, people love to drive these things, so the low miles does add some value but doesn't make it their golden parachute! What's the asking price for comparables in your area? I always figure about 20% less is where the market is and since I was a young man, that's about what I've paid for my cars when cash is king.

OP
OP
D

Dasanii19

Reaction score
I’m comfortable at what the actual value is. Lol. Is 17k still too high?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's probably about right, minus the repair. Offer fifteen and settle for seventeen if needs be. It's worth what a buyer is willing to pay.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
If you can get that 09 for that price, do it. If possible and they have clean title bring cash for the $15k offer to cover the bumper damage.

Every 2009 Denali option includes the early, uncommon options of remote start, power running boards (lol), blind zone alert and trailer brake.

09 has a hp bump to 403/417tq over the 08’s w/ 380/417tq

Yes, a one owner vehicle at that price is something to jump on. When you are having the bumper resprayed look into having the clear coat repaired on roof or any other spots.

In 14 I got my one owner 08 XL Denali w/ the 20’s, remote start, Navi, DVD and dealer installed trailer brake for $19.5k. It had 96k miles. Dlr ppwk shows they bought it for $16.5k.

You should move on that truck promptly even if you can’t go lower. Seems like a legit private party sale by someone who purchased the truck just for family vacations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
If you can get that 09 for that price, do it. If possible and they have clean title bring cash for the $15k offer to cover the bumper damage.

Every 2009 Denali option includes the early, uncommon options of remote start, power running boards (lol), blind zone alert and trailer brake.

09 has a hp bump to 403/417tq over the 08’s w/ 380/417tq

Yes, a one owner vehicle at that price is something to jump on. When you are having the bumper resprayed look into having the clear coat repaired on roof or any other spots.

In 14 I got my one owner 08 XL Denali w/ the 20’s, remote start, Navi, DVD and dealer installed trailer brake for $19.5k. It had 96k miles. Dlr ppwk shows they bought it for $16.5k.

You should move on that truck promptly even if you can’t go lower. Seems like a legit private party sale by someone who purchased the truck just for family vacations.

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
I just bought an 08 denali awd loaded for $17,250 from a dealer. 125,250 miles,impeccable maint records, only cosmetic are drivers cloudy headlamp, and some dash cracking. I traded in our 03 tahoe "good riddens" and couldent be happier. Cars are just a way to spend your money. If you like the car than buy it! dont get hung up on principal or getting your price. It just has to be the one you want, in my exp "having" to repair/accept a problem at the onset absolutely devalues the car.

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would jump on that for one reason, and one reason only - 2009 was the last year to get an engine without AFM. The L9H has the hardware in the engine, but it's not active because it doesn't have the software in the ECM.

Have it checked out by a mechanic, and if everything looks good, grab it.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Thatis the info I was looking for but have not dug into the forums enough to quote it as fact.

97audia4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you located ? I have a friend that has been looking for a clean one for a while nowm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11