Linking key fob to vehicle profile?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

navyseal334

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to link user profiles to each key fob so that when the vehicle starts up, it will change the profile in the Infotainment system based on which key is in the vehicle? (e.g. vehicle starts up with my profile/settings and presets when my key is in the car and my wife's profile when she is driving the car?

I have tried creating the profile with the only desired key in the car but it hasn't worked for me.

Additionally, is it possible to set First-to-Connect for each profile individually? I.e. If I get in first and the vehicle detects my key/profile, it will link connect to my phone's BT as opposed to my wife's. If my wife's profile is active, it will first connect to her phone.

And lastly, is it possible to tailor the DIC settings/layout to the profile? I like as much information as possible so I choose classic view for the dash but my wife wants it to be simple/easy to read so she switches it to Digital or Clean.

Hoping to find ways to automate all of these things instead of needing to manually adjust them. I've tried playing with settings and searching through the manual and I cannot figure these out.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven’t found anything that does this; but it sure would be nice…

It’s almost like the infotainment/vehicle settings is separate from the seats/mirrors/steering column memory, which are both separate from the instrument cluster. And the profile on the infotainment seems to be even separate from all these other systems.

mplunk

Reaction score
The Escalade can do this, so I don't see why the other GM SUVs couldn't. The "first to detect" is based on which key fob unlocks the car- which is infuriating if my wife gets to the car before me and unlocks it using her fob (which happens a lot).

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Escalade can do this, so I don't see why the other GM SUVs couldn't. The "first to detect" is based on which key fob unlocks the car- which is infuriating if my wife gets to the car before me and unlocks it using her fob (which happens a lot).
Which model Escalade? The new ones 2021+?

Honestly, I haven't played w/ it sufficiently to know whether it can or cannot, and a hopeful I learn something here that will make my life better.

OP
OP
navyseal334

navyseal334

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have confirmed that First to Connect can be set individually based on the profile - now it's a matter of having the profile be selected based on the key fob in the vehicle rather than needing to select it manually.

For reference, I'm driving a 23 suburban.

mplunk

Reaction score
Which model Escalade? The new ones 2021+?

Honestly, I haven't played w/ it sufficiently to know whether it can or cannot, and a hopeful I learn something here that will make my life better.
Yes 2022. When I start up it says "Welcome (my name)" Key fob 1 detected. When my wife drives it it shows her name and settings like which radio setting she left it on and what option was on the screen last show up. There's a way to set it up in the profile settings.

The same option is available in her 2021 Acadia- doesn't say names or anything but it mentions which fob the settings are for (the seats and mirrors change when you start it, not when you unlock it unfortunately. I think that is a setting I haven't changed because her 2018 Acadia would adjust if I drove it after her).

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes 2022. When I start up it says "Welcome (my name)" Key fob 1 detected. When my wife drives it it shows her name and settings like which radio setting she left it on and what option was on the screen last show up. There's a way to set it up in the profile settings.

The same option is available in her 2021 Acadia- doesn't say names or anything but it mentions which fob the settings are for (the seats and mirrors change when you start it, not when you unlock it unfortunately. I think that is a setting I haven't changed because her 2018 Acadia would adjust if I drove it after her).
I'll give it a shot later and see if it changes to my wife's profile...we did set one up at one point, but honestly I haven't driven w/ her enough to know if it is "working" or not...I would hope it does.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just tried it w/ my Denali...

The Key Fob will select memory features for the seats; but it does not remember which Infotainment Profle is assocated w/ each key fob...so you have to manually select the radio profile on the head unit; which then yields a "Device Restarting" message, and then the head unit boots to the other profile; which does remember a different set of radio presets, a different google account (for calendar, reminders, navigation history, etc); assuming you signed one in on that profile.

There does not seem to be 2 sets of vehicle personalization remembered, however...all the vehicle/comfort and convenience settings, etc seem to be a single set.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe the wife’s 22 Blazer has the ability to do it based on profile via key fob.

OP
OP
navyseal334

navyseal334

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just tried it w/ my Denali...

The Key Fob will select memory features for the seats; but it does not remember which Infotainment Profle is assocated w/ each key fob...so you have to manually select the radio profile on the head unit; which then yields a "Device Restarting" message, and then the head unit boots to the other profile; which does remember a different set of radio presets, a different google account (for calendar, reminders, navigation history, etc); assuming you signed one in on that profile.

There does not seem to be 2 sets of vehicle personalization remembered, however...all the vehicle/comfort and convenience settings, etc seem to be a single set.
This is what I've found with 23 suburban; key fob only appears tied to seat memory, nothing else.

I was hoping there was something I was missing as profile switching based on remotes appears common/available on other vehicles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt