Lights staying on!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sssam00

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello!
Need help! One night all my lights front and rear including reverse lights came on in the middle of the night on its own!
Now I can’t turn them off at all!
Scanned it and no codes came up.
Any help would be awesome!
Sam

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disconnect the negative battery terminal and then reinstall. Make sure both negative and positive battery connections are tight.

OP
OP
S

Sssam00

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Disconnect the negative battery terminal and then reinstall. Make sure both negative and positive battery connections are tight.
Yes I’ve done that! Even as far as leaving them off for a whole day. As soon as I connect the battery back the lights all come back on!

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a BCM issue - you don't really have any other options but to take it to the dealer at this point. It should be covered by warranty as I'm assuming you're on a 21+ SUV.

OP
OP
S

Sssam00

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sounds like a BCM issue - you don't really have any other options but to take it to the dealer at this point. It should be covered by warranty as I'm assuming you're on a 21+ SUV.
Turned out to be a corroded fuse block and had shorted out the lights!
Had to replace the fuse block under the hood!

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hopefully it was warranty for your 2021+ vehicle.

HighCountry22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Maybe it’s related to this recall?
  • GM Recall #:
  • N222386380
  • NHTSA #
  • 22V903
  • Date Issued:
  • Dec 08, 2022
Recall Title:
Daytime Running Lights (DRL) May Not Deactivate When Headlamps Are On

Recall Description:
General Motors has decided that certain 2020 – 2023 model year Cadillac CT4 and CT5 vehicles; 2021 – 2023 model year Buick Envision vehicles; and 2022 – 2023 model year Cadillac Escalade and Escalade ESV, Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Suburban, and Tahoe, and GMC Sierra 1500, Yukon, and Yukon XL vehicles, fail to conform, in part, to S7.10.5 of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 108, “Lamps, reflective devices, and associated equipment.” The daytime running lamps (DRLs) may not deactivate when the headlamps are on, as required by S7.10.5, Table I-a. of FMVSS 108.

Safety Risk Description:
If the DRLs do not deactivate when the headlamps are on, the resulting glare could increase the risk of a crash.

Repair Description:
General Motors will update the software in the vehicles’ Body Control Module (BCM) to correct the condition. Owners who have accepted applicable terms and conditions will have the opportunity to accept these software changes using wireless over-the-air (OTA) technology without having to bring their vehicle to a dealership. Alternatively, owners may have their vehicle serviced at a GM dealer to receive these software updates.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe it’s related to this recall?
  • GM Recall #:
  • N222386380
  • NHTSA #
  • 22V903
  • Date Issued:
  • Dec 08, 2022
Recall Title:
Daytime Running Lights (DRL) May Not Deactivate When Headlamps Are On

Recall Description:
General Motors has decided that certain 2020 – 2023 model year Cadillac CT4 and CT5 vehicles; 2021 – 2023 model year Buick Envision vehicles; and 2022 – 2023 model year Cadillac Escalade and Escalade ESV, Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Suburban, and Tahoe, and GMC Sierra 1500, Yukon, and Yukon XL vehicles, fail to conform, in part, to S7.10.5 of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 108, “Lamps, reflective devices, and associated equipment.” The daytime running lamps (DRLs) may not deactivate when the headlamps are on, as required by S7.10.5, Table I-a. of FMVSS 108.

Safety Risk Description:
If the DRLs do not deactivate when the headlamps are on, the resulting glare could increase the risk of a crash.

Repair Description:
General Motors will update the software in the vehicles’ Body Control Module (BCM) to correct the condition. Owners who have accepted applicable terms and conditions will have the opportunity to accept these software changes using wireless over-the-air (OTA) technology without having to bring their vehicle to a dealership. Alternatively, owners may have their vehicle serviced at a GM dealer to receive these software updates.
No, OP answered in post #5 he had a corroded fuse box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts