Lighting Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ARogg619

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a recently acquired 2000 Yukon SLT. if my lights are on, my brights logo Is on. THe brights aren't on though. If I click the switch and "turn off" the brights, my lights turn off. Any ideas why this is?

2010gmcyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did someone botch a 4-high mod? Can you tell if there is any splicing done in the spot where someone would do that?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yea, have you opened up to see the back of the headlights to see if someone used a wrong weird bulb or wiring has been hacked. Low beam is 9006 and high beam is 9005.

Wylie_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im guessing you've confirmed the low beams are not just burned out, and its the high beams that are actually on?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Headlight relay possibly. Check to be sure it’s seated in the fuse box, maybe swap it out with another and see if the problem follows the relay.

OP
OP
A

ARogg619

Reaction score
The lows are on, not the highs, im sure of that. But the dash says the brights are on anytime I have my lights on. 9006 is what is lit, I know that for a fact because I changed them to HIDs when I put the new housings in. I didn't see any butchered or patched wires when I was swapping in the new housings

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Now there is new info not talked about before. Was the problem there before or after you changed them to HID's? It would always help to know info like this in advance.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

ARogg619

Reaction score
This issue is since day one of owning this truck ( about a month now ). Since changing the bulbs to HIDs and new housings, nothing has changed.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a recently acquired 2000 Yukon SLT. if my lights are on, my brights logo Is on. THe brights aren't on though. If I click the switch and "turn off" the brights, my lights turn off. Any ideas why this is?

Weird, for sure. Got some pics or a video in case one of us catches something obvious?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC