Light trail modifications.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigb805

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Whats up everyone its been a while since I have done much with the hoe not for lack of ideas and things in need of attention. My aging auto ride system probably doesnt have too much life left in it so Im planning to just get rid of the system and going with the bilstein swap But I have a couple questions first. I know biggest bang for the buck will come from the tires I choose and I would like to run a 33 inch tire without having to crank the keys completely. If I did a small body lift (1-1.5 inches) would that allow me to fit the larger rubber while also being able to keep the torsion keys at a more suspension friendly angle? Im not interested in suspension lifts because I really dont think this is the right platform for heavy duty offroading in the first place. That being said I think its more than capable to get out and explore some desert roads and see the world.

xjsc16x

Reaction score
I'm hoping to put Z71 springs and 2" torsion keys in mine this summer, along with some bilstein shocks in all 4 corners. I've seen plenty of people claim to be fitting 285/75/16s with no problems with little to no lift so that's my plan as well.

TARDIS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping to put Z71 springs and 2" torsion keys in mine this summer, along with some bilstein shocks in all 4 corners. I've seen plenty of people claim to be fitting 285/75/16s with no problems with little to no lift so that's my plan as well.

Did you put 285s on? Can you poet some pics?

xjsc16x

Reaction score
Did you put 285s on? Can you poet some pics?
Rear brakes crapped out on me, I spent some change putting an EBC kit and all new parking brakes and cables. I decided I'd rather just leave it alone instead of dumping more money into my old rusty daily (the stock size tires on it now are still almost brand new too). Eventually the hopes is to trade it in for a decent used NNBS SUV. Sorry!

Just search this forum for 285 there's plenty of posts with pics

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne