Light Switch question 2001 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

myoldhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, just got a new to me 2001 Tahoe. I am a huge fan of the LS engine, this is my 3rd current one (05 Hummer H2, 05 Corvette). This one is a 5.3. Silver Age for GM IMHO. Anyway, are the headlight and interior light switch controls a common issue on these?

Mine seems to be finicky, doesnt always switch modes and interior lights come on only after playing the knob a little. Its just a little funky.

How hard is it to access that switch control? Just the side panel gets removed or more?

Thanks ahead!

OP
OP
M

myoldhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.
Thanks! Thats a good looking truck in your pic/sig. I ought to add some of mine. Just did front shocks, the FL was literally flat completely, I could move it in and out by hand like an accordian. I dont know why it has GMC Yukon rims on it, but they look ok and are factory sized.

Attachments

• tah1.jpg
    tah1.jpg
    377.8 KB · Views: 2
  • tah2.jpg
    tah2.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 2

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
My rig has GMC truck rims on it too. I like the way they look. I just got blacked out bow tie center caps for it. If you are going to be ongoing with the build process, then go ahead and post there.

02Z71Raven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just got a new to me 2001 Tahoe. I am a huge fan of the LS engine, this is my 3rd current one (05 Hummer H2, 05 Corvette). This one is a 5.3. Silver Age for GM IMHO. Anyway, are the headlight and interior light switch controls a common issue on these?

Mine seems to be finicky, doesnt always switch modes and interior lights come on only after playing the knob a little. Its just a little funky.

How hard is it to access that switch control? Just the side panel gets removed or more?

Thanks ahead!
Things I learned this month from replacing all the bulbs in my 02 Tahoe....
There is an interior illumination fuse in the fuse panel on the driver's side (open the door and pop the cover off). This fuse affects other things like the fog lights in my case.
The controls to the left of the speedometer are not difficult to access. You'll pop the bezel off the dash and then you can pull it out and replace if needed. Be careful popping that bezel off though. If you arch it too much, they will crack.
For auto headlights, you can press the dome over ride switch 4 times back to back and you'll hear a ding. That turns the feature on and off.
There is a light sensor in the center if your dash near the back in the vents that controls when the auto feature works. It takes a about 20 to 30 seconds I think to change states. So if you turn the auto headlight feature on and cover the sensor, the headlights should turn on (if it's night time when you test it, shine a light on it). If it hasn't changed states after a minute or two that sensor may be bad. Not expensive but a bit of a pain to change. I've heard if you have small hands you can change it by pulling the radio out and reaching it through there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts