Light strobe question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will be with the rest of the wire bundle directly in the middle where the center console should be, depending on where you got it from it may have been cut pretty short.

kronus

Reaction score
So first for the flasher to even work, there actually needs to be a module connected. You can check by looking behind the flap in the passenger side front wheel well near the bumper. There should be a wiring harness with two connectors there, if they're connected together then the flasher system will not work, if they're connected to a small black box then it will work. All you have to do is apply 12V positive to the dark green/red wire.
View attachment 184089 View attachment 184088

Alright, so I looked down the same angle you took your shots from and I have no module. There's also not the same harness from what I can see.

However, I can see that they cut some harness and spliced two wires back together. (See third attached pic).

Also, while digging around the bottom of the bumper, I found a harness that was barely held in with some electrical tape. Looks like it was messed with when they pulled all of the police equipment. I pulled it out and took a shot of the wires coming to and from the connector. (See attached pictures 1 & 2).

Oddly, that section of harness is just a loop, so I don't know if that used to connect to something that was removed or not.

Any likelihood that I can reassemble whatever was/is missing and get functionality back? Also, do you have a part number for the flasher module?

IMG_5721.JPG IMG_5722.JPG IMG_5723.JPG

Solace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, so I looked down the same angle you took your shots from and I have no module. There's also not the same harness from what I can see.

However, I can see that they cut some harness and spliced two wires back together. (See third attached pic).

Also, while digging around the bottom of the bumper, I found a harness that was barely held in with some electrical tape. Looks like it was messed with when they pulled all of the police equipment. I pulled it out and took a shot of the wires coming to and from the connector. (See attached pictures 1 & 2).

Oddly, that section of harness is just a loop, so I don't know if that used to connect to something that was removed or not.

Any likelihood that I can reassemble whatever was/is missing and get functionality back? Also, do you have a part number for the flasher module?

View attachment 184530 View attachment 184531 View attachment 184532
That harness in your 1st pics is the harness for the which the flasher module connects to.
The Whelen partnumber is SSFPOSI6 and for a Code 3 one is 920-10TH. Either or works, whichever you can find and better suits your budget. Shouldn't be more than $70 for either though.
Here's the install guide for the Whelen one but it's basically the same for the Code 3 one since they're both just plug and play.
http://www.whelen.com/install/140/14040.pdf

kronus

Reaction score
That is fantastic, thank you for the quick reply. Any chance you have a picture of the wiring harness you dug out for the wire you apply 12v to?

Solace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is fantastic, thank you for the quick reply. Any chance you have a picture of the wiring harness you dug out for the wire you apply 12v to?
20171013_101622.jpg
My apologies for it not being the clearest, hard to get a good pic inside of my console. But it should be under the dash in the center in a large bundle. 20171013_101622.jpg

kronus

Reaction score
Well, I finally got around to installing the flasher module under the passenger headlight. I’m trying to track down the “dark green/red” wire and I cannot find it. I’ve pulled the harness from under the radio (which is the first picture) and the harness at the passenger footwell (which is the second picture, and I see no wire as described in the instructions posted.

Do you guys have any ideas, or am I missing something right in front of my face?

8292E509-B005-4921-9732-8CF793B0C798.jpeg

54485FEF-FFB3-4680-A95E-680F5E3AF98F.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC