Light strobe question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evan Neise

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2007 ssv tahoe. When i purchased it i was told it was a TSA vehicle. But the red clay underneath and brand new bumpers tell me otherwise.
My question is this. Did all of the ssv tahoe come with the strobe control harness. There is another set of small led strobe flashers in my daytime running light area as well. Any help would be greatful. The strobes would really help me as i do emergency recovery with my tahoe on other trucks and would prefer not to install an aftermarket strobe set up

MidwestMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at the RPO codes in the glove box.

6J7 is the strobe setup.

Along these lines, the last part below.
Does anyone know how you separate the rear and the front flashers?
(The fronts alone would be extra helpful in the left lane. :) )

6J7 EXTERIOR LAMP EMERGENCY FLASHING SYSTEM, HEADLAMPS, TAIL LAMPS AND BACK-UP LIGHTS
SEO 6J7 provides a high-beam headlamps flashing module, rear lamps
flashing and control wire for a customer-furnished switch to turn the
module on or off. The flasher control wire is coiled under the center of
the instrument panel. This control lead may be combined with the interior
wiring leads for SEO 6J3 when that option is ordered with SEO 6J7.
The headlamps flashing module is located below the passenger’s side
front headlamp and forward of the passenger’s side front wheel. The
module is connected to an inline connector in the forward lamp harness.
The headlamps flashing module is activated by the application of 12
volts to a dark green/red wire coiled in the passenger’s side footwell.
When activated, the driver’s and passenger’s side high-beam headlamps
and the high-beam instrument panel cluster light will flash alternately at
2.4 flashes per second.
When the headlamps flashing module is turned on, the module sends a
signal to the Body Control Module (BCM). The BCM alternately flashes
the stop lamps and backup lamps. Depressing the brake pedal will
override the stop lamp flashing and placing the transmission in reverse
will override the backup lamp flashing.

Activation of the headlamp and rearlamp flashing can be separated. Call
Kerr Industries at 905-725-6561 for instructions

kronus

Reaction score
I guess I'm trying to understand part of this paragraph. It states that applying 12v to the dark green/red wire in the passenger side footwell will activate the headlamp flasher, but it also says that the module can be turned on or off via a flasher control wire under the center of the instrument panel.

Does that make sense to anyone? Do I need to connect both of those wires in addition to 12v to activate the flasher?

Solace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm trying to understand part of this paragraph. It states that applying 12v to the dark green/red wire in the passenger side footwell will activate the headlamp flasher, but it also says that the module can be turned on or off via a flasher control wire under the center of the instrument panel.

Does that make sense to anyone? Do I need to connect both of those wires in addition to 12v to activate the flasher?

So first for the flasher to even work, there actually needs to be a module connected. You can check by looking behind the flap in the passenger side front wheel well near the bumper. There should be a wiring harness with two connectors there, if they're connected together then the flasher system will not work, if they're connected to a small black box then it will work. All you have to do is apply 12V positive to the dark green/red wire.
20171002_160500.jpg 20171002_160452.jpg

Solace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine works perfect except that the Instrument panel light doesn't flash, I wonder what gives?

I believe when using a solid state flasher it won't cause the instrument panel to flash.

medicop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On my now former 2010 PPV the headlamp "brights" warning on the instrument panel did not light up when the headlight flashers were on. If you have LED lights in the daytime running lights those should not be factory. Try to follow the wires. If you can determine the manufacturer you should be able to find a manual online to determine which wires do what and get them to activate / change the flash pattern.

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a pic of where the activation wire under the dash comes from?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14