lifting promblem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tom10

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
heres my long problem....ok so i have a 93 full size blazer and i put a 1 1/2inch lift block in the rear and got new torsion keys and lifted it 3 inches in the front and it was stiff.... well i went to get the tired aligned and the guy told me i cranked the torsion bars to high and my control arms had no clearance from the frame he loosened the torsion bars and i pretty much lost my lift he said i had to get the control arms drilled out so they can move freely.....so my question- is there a way to lift my front end up and not have the problem with the control arms?

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting a real drop lift will fix that. 3" is a lot of crank for the front, 2" max and that will still be still. many 6" kits out there are a 4" drop that is cranked for the other 2". So that would put you a bit above where you were with a little room for growth. The extreme suspensions kit is a true 6.5" drop that can be cranked up to about 8" no problem.

OP
OP
T

tom10

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well i wanna lift the front end higher for a bulldog look but cant really spend all the money for a new suspesion kit....any ideas

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon