Lifting My 2001 GMC Yukon SLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
u shouldnt need new cv shafts thats the whole reason for the front diff drop

anything over 8 inches requires new cvs

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

in my sig pic this is the suspension at full flex and the cvs are stock and almost straight

gmcjohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is an interesting topic that I just realized pertains to my situation! I was planning to put 285's on my yukon after I get the keys and spacers. Do I need 4.10's? And saying I do how much work/money is it to do that?

ryangt

double team supreme
Reaction score
This is an interesting topic that I just realized pertains to my situation! I was planning to put 285's on my yukon after I get the keys and spacers. Do I need 4.10's? And saying I do how much work/money is it to do that?

ive got 285/75/16's and all i have is 1.5 spacers and superlift keys. No worries, it all fits.....just.

gmcjohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive got 285/75/16's and all i have is 1.5 spacers and superlift keys. No worries, it all fits.....just.

I was more or less asking whether there would be any need to regear or not..., but thanks for the information!

ryangt

double team supreme
Reaction score
I was more or less asking whether there would be any need to regear or not..., but thanks for the information!

ahh my mis-read. I have the stock 3.73 setup, i dont know what you guys are talking about with gear changing. My yukon drives about the same as it ever has with the 285's on it and i never drive faster than 80mph so i can only speak from the standard driving range pov.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rs401