Lifting a 2000 z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaBlue_z71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone, I am beginning to get everything set up to lift my 2000 ChevyTahoe z71(old body style). I know that I want a 4" lift and it's going to be a suspensionlift as I don't want to risk running spacers for the body lift and it messes with the physics of the vehicle. I am looking for the best cost effective setup I can find, wether it be buying a kit or building my own kit. I also don't have a place to work on it so I will be having a shop do the work. If anyone has done this work before and can give me some pointers I'd appreciate. I'm trying to find the least expensive route I can take to get this done while also not getting complete and utter crap

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
I think for a 4" lift you'll need to drop the front differential. But a 3" will just need keys and lift blocks or specific lift springs in the rear.

OP
OP
DaBlue_z71

DaBlue_z71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any chance either three of you gentlemen have a brand you can recommend that isn’t too heavy on the pockets? Depending on cost I might just end up going with the 6”.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Any chance either three of you gentlemen have a brand you can recommend that isn’t too heavy on the pockets? Depending on cost I might just end up going with the 6”.

Had that same truck. Never lifted it. Living vicariously through you now, do us proud!

Did you look at suspension Maxx, or Supreme suspension?

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
Rough country has its 4 and 6 inch lifts on sale for right at $999

Looks like Supreme doesn't have anything higher than a level kit for the OBS, and same with Suspension Maxx

OP
OP
DaBlue_z71

DaBlue_z71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had that same truck. Never lifted it. Living vicariously through you now, do us proud!

Did you look at suspension Maxx, or Supreme suspension?

It will slowly take form into something that will make all tyf users proud....atleast that’s what I dream it will be.

OP
OP
DaBlue_z71

DaBlue_z71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
From

Looks like Supreme doesn't have anything higher than a level kit for the OBS, and same with Suspension Maxx
From reading up on the forums I’ve seen other users giving Rough country bad reviews, but I will definitely check it out, might have to put it on the good ole credit card.

OP
OP
DaBlue_z71

DaBlue_z71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Ended up purchasing that 6” rough country, probably won’t have it installed for 3 months.