Lifting 99 yukon denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wetter-THE-Better

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, I'm new to the fourms. Just made my account. Rite now I have a 4 inch super lift, or 4 inch blocks in the rear and superlift shocks. I have 35s but they rub all of the time. Not bad just when turning. Enough to pull my running board off while backing up. Is there a cheap alternative to lifting it a little bit more so it will fix the rubbing? Thanks in advance

99Yukon_Z71

Crazy Puerto Rican
Reaction score
Hey Buddy,

You can get a Performance Accessories 3" Body lift for around $170-200 bucks online if not cheaper. Part number is 123
But before that, did you check that you are running the correct wheel offset?! You might need some more negative offset so your rims dont stick in too much, hence the rubbing. I had some that rubbed on my chassis when I turned and this fixed my problem, although 3" more would look nicer in your Denali!!! I got 3" suspension lift and when it gets a bit warmer the body lift is going on!! Any more questions let me know....!

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

BTW, I got a buddy running 35's with a 3" bodylift with NO problems!!!

Dave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Buddy,

You can get a Performance Accessories 3" Body lift for around $170-200 bucks online if not cheaper. Part number is 123

Hey 99Yukon - Do you have this kit, and did you DIY?? Looking for the level of difficulty. I don't have access to a lift, and can't weld. I have jacks / stands / and lots of tools. TIA

99Yukon_Z71

Crazy Puerto Rican
Reaction score
Hey 99Yukon - Do you have this kit, and did you DIY?? Looking for the level of difficulty. I don't have access to a lift, and can't weld. I have jacks / stands / and lots of tools. TIA

I do have it sitting in the back of my 'Kon!! lol As far as difficulty, it should be pretty simple. There is no welding involved if you have the push button 4wd. The lever type 4wd requires cutting and extending the linkage system. I cant wait to install it!! I might need an extra pair of hands when im lifting the body off the chassis. Ill keep yall posted

OP
OP
W

Wetter-THE-Better

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I dont know the tires rub nothing other than the running boards and front bumper it doesnt have anything to do with the offset

Dave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IAs far as difficulty, it should be pretty simple. There is no welding involved if you have the push button 4wd. The lever type 4wd requires cutting and extending the linkage system.

Thanks, good info. I have a 95 4WD with the lever, so I guess I would need to extend, but that doesn't sound too hard.

99denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive been wanting to do a 4 inch lift on my same year Denali. Which kit did you use and did you get the autotrac driveshaft?

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

Ohh...superlift nvm.

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

And a picture?

riviera rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont know if you can put the 3" body lift on the the denali???? pretty sure it says except denali, but i just ordered my 3" performance acces. body lift for my 99' and plan on doing it my self with help from my pops

but ya i just looked at the website it says EXC denali

not sure but make sure before you order!
http://www.performanceaccessories.com/catalog/chevy.htm

99Yukon_Z71

Crazy Puerto Rican
Reaction score
i dont know if you can put the 3" body lift on the the denali???? pretty sure it says except denali, but i just ordered my 3" performance acces. body lift for my 99' and plan on doing it my self with help from my pops

but ya i just looked at the website it says EXC denali

not sure but make sure before you order!
http://www.performanceaccessories.com/catalog/chevy.htm

Dont see why it would not fit the denali. It is the same chassis and suspension as a regular yukon. What changes if the body cladding and bumpers, might be that the front bumper brackets are different and the fact that the denaly has the running boards and tow hooks. You best bet is to call Perf. Access. and ask them exactly why they say that and to give you any suggestions on what to do or modify for it to fit.

Just my .02 cents

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons