Liftgate exterior window switch replacement - I'm stuck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ceez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Glad I found this thread. I've just been talking shit about Chevy and living without the button for the last 6 months...gotta do this next weekend.

funymuny

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I see this is an old thread but it is relevant...this thread is spot-on. I ordered the AC Delco part from Amazon ($11) and removed/installed in about five minutes, and that includes getting my few tools/stool together. Thanks all.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Liftgate exterior window switch replacement

video update

I put up a short video of me replacing the switch. Thanks to the advice from above I decided to try fix it myself and I was successful. I Hope the video helps someone else!

Did this job in about sixty seconds thanks to the video! Fastest repair EVER! Thanks fellas!

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Uber kewl! This is an issue on my sold 08 Denali XL and the current 09 Escalade Plat. Ordering part now to fix something I put off for years.

Update ... Amazon $11.99 free 2day w/ prime searching part # 901-159. Generic brand but over buying OEM also made in China.

Rear Liftgate Window Glass Release Switch Button for 2007-2014 GMC Yukon XL 1500 250... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086X1Y9NQ/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_api_i_jvuDFbXMGJBHS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9