Lifter replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

razor488

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2015 Yukon with 80k miles started making a clicking sound from the engine. The dealership is saying the lifters need to be replaced and it will cost $4,100. Is this reasonable? I don't know what to do. I hate to put $4k into this car but you can't find a new one out there.

OP
OP
R

razor488

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: they said they appealed to GM and GM offered to pay for part of it. Now my share is $1700.

Should I keep this car or get on a list for a new one?

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At $1700 I would keep it especially with the mileage and a warranty for the work they perform. With the car market the way it is you would not be able to replace it for $1700. You could also consider an extended warranty for piece of mind. There is a list of Dealers that sell the warranty for a discounted price. Let us know and we can provide a list. Most will even let you make monthly payments so you don't have to come up with the full price all at once. Good luck with your decision.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: they said they appealed to GM and GM offered to pay for part of it. Now my share is $1700.

I would make sure they are doing cam and all lifters and if not try to argue that point. That would make it solid repair. Good luck

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I vote to keep it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17