Lifter anxiety

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very few of these Tahoe, Yukon, Escalade owners are on this forum compared to vehicles sold. Vehicle problems on forum is not the best gage for number of problems a manufacture is having.
From reading threads these lifter problems are miss and noise and as per TSB ": Engine Misfire/Tick Noise, Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) Illuminated - DTC P0300 Set" Doesn't say engine shuts off.
Your trying to rationalize something you don't understand. A failed lifter can absolutely cause a vehicle to stall out and shut off. Do you understand what a lifter does? If it was a common occurrence it would have been recalled. The previous generation has more lifter issues then the current.

But like I said we can go round and round and continue beating this dead horse.

If you want to see issues go look at the 2020 and below forums. For how much simpler those vehicles are they sure do have a ton of issues.

But as with every new generation of vehicle you have people that will bash it and say 'im sticking to the old ones cuz they better' when that couldn't be farther from the truth.

Anyways i gave OP my professional opinion. The likelihood of it happening is stupid low. The 21+ forum is largely dead and has no traffic which is a good thing.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Harry22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Joseph, I agree. Thanks to all of you for your insight.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A bad lifter or two will not stop an engine. It will bother performance, And I definitely know what a lifter does and works.
Is this from my statement on recalls are for safety issues.
My information is from reading articles and personal information, here is link to article that lifter issue is not a "safety issue."
A bad lifter can cause safety issues. If you drop a lifter/lifters at 75mph it becomes a safety issue. The reason there is no recall is because it does not affect enough vehicles.

Misfiring at 75mph? You won't maintain speed. Dead cylinder/cylinders ? Drastic speed reduction with no power. Internal damage as a result of metal contamination? Engine stalls.

This isn't rocket science. Here's a article for you to read .

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're supporting documentation is link to a Lawyer organizing Class Action Suit.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're supporting documentation is link to a Lawyer organizing Class Action Suit.
Here's another. https://vehiclefreak.com/how-long-can-you-drive-with-bad-lifters-symptoms-fixes-replacement-cost/

If you fully understood (no offense) what a lifter does what im saying wouldn't be questioned.

Its not hard to say a failing lifter can be a safety issue bases on presented symptoms. My argument is that lifters in GM trucks are not that common in the 21+ models to necessitate a recall by the manufacturer.....to say there is no recall because it's not a safety issue is just ignorance because there def could be. But the investigating powers don't see enough (quantity of vehicles affected ) of them to warrant a manufacturer recall... Just not common enough...and if history is any indication probably won't ever be recalled.

The failures could well be within spec/ margin of error as far as manufacturer is concerned and satisfies the overseeing body's parameters.

I think the reason you see this really drawn out across gens and forums is really just people at odds with afm/dfm.

I'm willing to bet more fuel pumps/transmissions/etc fail as a whole vs all lifter issues etc...but those parts are not attached to something controversial.

Another bane for many is auto start/stop.

But I digress.

Last edited:

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does that link explain about a lifter call me ignorant that's an explanation for a 20-year-old vehicle.
The valve train for our newer vehicles are much more sophisticated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972