Lift size for 35s.

Discussion in 'Rough Country Suspension Systems' started by Elliott Stroud, May 9, 2016.

1. Elliott Stroud

Elliott Stroud TYF Newbie

Name:
    Elliott
    ive got a 2007 Chevy Tahoe I have leveled 2 inches in the front and looking for more. I want to fit 35s but I don't want to buy a 2k suspension lift. I don't want a body lift either I want opions on lifts that will fit 35s. And will the rough country 3.5 fit them if you trim?

image.jpeg

2. Ridechevy09

Ridechevy09 Full Access Member

Name:
    Drew
    To be honest man if your wanting to clear 35s. You might wanna go with a suspension lift. I've got a 7 inch lift on my 09 tahoe, and I had to trim my bumper ALOT, you can probably clear 35s. But you can't go any wider than a x9 or x10 rim . Without cutting a massive amount of plastic, and a norcal mod. I'm pretty sure your gonna have to do a 3.5 lift. To even consider 35s.

Sent from my SM-S978L using Tapatalk

3. Lil_Stump

Lil_Stump Full Access Member

Name:
    Conner
    From what I've been told if you want 35's on a 3.5", you're looking at a good big of trimming. I'd stick with like 295/70r18, which comes out to 34.3 inches, and that'd probably be a tight fit with possible major trimming. Don't know what tire size your running, so I'll stay basing it off of 18" rim and suggest you get like 285/70r18 (33.7") or 305/65r18 (33.6") since I don't believe you'll be able to go any bigger unless you put maybe the 5" RC lift on it. And like Drew said, x10 is probably as wide as you're gonna wanna go for rims, anymore and you'll be rubbing like hell.

4. Rob Scariano

Rob Scariano Full Access Member

Name:
    Rob
    Just lift it with a suspension lift. You'll be a lot happier.