Lift limitations in Massachusetts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
A true Masshole never pronounces an r (an ahhh) unless he's saying idea (idear)

Billerica is "Bill-rika"
Where the hell did the E go?

Wicked.

My grandmother's name was Martha. I always thought, "why didn't they just spell it Mathar to begin with?"

gpd4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I used to have an old K5 with about a 10" lift on it. The first time it was inspected (in MO), the guy said "As long as your first name isn't 'Sergeant', I have no problem with the lift."

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very applicable anecdote. Very helpful. Thank you. Missouri has the exact same cameras and penalties as Massachusetts. Thanks for the heads up. Very useful post. Much thanks.

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP- 2 of my close friends just got denied from stickers for tint and wider than stock wheels (not even lift or emissions) from a place that used to pass them all the time. The shop owner was scared of the cams.

They had to find another place to go, which they did, but after calling around they found their options were severely limited compared to last year. YMMV

OP
OP
O

OBScenity

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OP- 2 of my close friends just got denied from stickers for tint and wider than stock wheels (not even lift or emissions) from a place that used to pass them all the time. The shop owner was scared of the cams.

They had to find another place to go, which they did, but after calling around they found their options were severely limited compared to last year. YMMV

Thanks for the update MA brother. Window tint I know they're strict on, but that's crap on the wheels - you're allowed to run wider wheels and tires than stock on 4WD vehicles in MA.

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update MA brother. Window tint I know they're strict on, but that's crap on the wheels - you're allowed to run wider wheels and tires than stock on 4WD vehicles in MA.
He's 2wd, and has a tiny bit of tread showing looking straight down the bedside. It's a sport/street truck (super fast v8 s10) It's totally BS, he probably could just swap stock wheels on for the inspection then run his fat sneakers after. Or some stupid long john style mudflaps

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that blows about the tires, here in NJ my fronts stuck out maybe a inch past the stock fender flairs, i passed inspection just fine, but i did get a ticket for it from a ******* county cop. its their job, find every equipment violation they can even if they have to make up a few, you get a min of 5 tickets if they stop you. record for me was 12 in a roll off truck i used drive, and there was nothing wrong with it, it was a pristine peter built. that was also about 3 grand worth of tickets. my 5 in my pick up truck came out to 900. i was able to get a few dismissed in court or it would have been 1500.

you could literally screw a strip of rubber inside the fender flair so it sticks out as far as the tire here and pass if they stick out way to far, like jeeps, see them with the rubber extensions here sometimes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts