Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GHrnndz

GHrnndz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Front driveshaft u joint angle is causing that issue. You need a dual cardan shaft if you plan to drive in 4wd at highway speeds. Even RC will tell you the same.

Do you have any website links to a recommended part? Also is this something you ran into? I see you also have a lifted Yukon.

Thanks,

OP
OP
GHrnndz

GHrnndz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any updates?
Have you checked for any play or looseness in the driveshaft? Especially the slip splines.
Give Rough Country a call and talk with tech support, they've always been helpful with my projects .

Not as of yet, but from what everyone has been recommending me it seems to be the driveshaft u joint angle. If this is very common with lifted 4WD vehicles why is the part not included with the RC lift Kit? I wonder... :2cents:

OP
OP
GHrnndz

GHrnndz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for being very helpful, I appreciate everyone’s input!

I’ll post updates if I get this problem fixed, fingers crossed.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Do you have any website links to a recommended part? Also is this something you ran into? I see you also have a lifted Yukon.

Thanks,

Yes there are several companies that sell the shaft. Skyjacker GM10146DS, super lift 3287, and rough country 5083.1 are just a few.

I read somewhere on a lift instructions that if you drive highway speeds in 4wd you might notice vibration. To fix it replace the shaft with dual cardan. Be mindful that you need to grease the joint every 5k miles so they say. I have both front and rear to correct my angles so they don’t vibrate. I still notice a little but not much. It’s the angles from transfer case to the differential that creates the issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonawhie61989