LIft gate problem - 2019 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The local Chevy dealer replaced the actuator for the lift gate today. It’s now working. He said that he’s had to replace 20-25 of them in the last 12 months. It’s surprising to me that this one failed in the first year.
Bad batch of parts from the lowest bidder IMOH.

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any DIY fix from anyone? Mines broken, driving me crazy. I paid for my widget, I want it to work

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, go buy the actuator and put it in. DIY
I think you don't mean what I mean by DIY. Most car forums have DIY repairs for stuff like this. Things people have found out that help to repair/improve functions of the car.

any shop monkey can swap a part. I'm after a DIY that fixes and/or prevents this stupid thing from breaking again. Seems that GM has had 5yrs to correct the issue and it's still not fixed.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you don't mean what I mean by DIY. Most car forums have DIY repairs for stuff like this. Things people have found out that help to repair/improve functions of the car.

any shop monkey can swap a part. I'm after a DIY that fixes and/or prevents this stupid thing from breaking again. Seems that GM has had 5yrs to correct the issue and it's still not fixed.

yeah, you’re right.
I’ll go drive my AWD tahoe now, bye

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505