Lift gate glass hinge is broken.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
hell for that price put a esky 3rd brake light on there. Its a new window and all. You will just have to get it painted. I still think you could find the esky light/window and have it painted for under 1000.

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

you can kind of see some of it in this pic. but its the best i have at the moment.

IMAG0060-1.jpg

OP
OP
05Yukon23

05Yukon23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been hunting for that esky back glass all day. Junk yards, eBay, craigslist, and forums. I found a couple at some sites. Does the 3rd brake come on the glass or is that something I need to find as well? Sorry, I've never dealt with the eskys just hoes and kons.

Copland

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same issue with the right hinge as well. It's just glued to the glass with this black junk. Sooner or later on hinge will brake out. It started with mine the same way like yours looks now and then the hindge came more and more out.
I took out the tailglas and cleaned up the area around the hinge and reattached it with JB weld. No problems with it since than anymore. This is how it looks right now.

DSC01108.jpg

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
I have been hunting for that esky back glass all day. Junk yards, eBay, craigslist, and forums. I found a couple at some sites. Does the 3rd brake come on the glass or is that something I need to find as well? Sorry, I've never dealt with the eskys just hoes and kons.

its the whole glass. I didnt know at first either till it came it.

Dalt10

Reaction score
Like he said, get one from the junk yard. There are plenty of them. I paid around $50. Mine did the same thing. Easy to replace.

Steven Grant

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same here. Found a guy on C/L parting one out and the back glass was good. I think I paid $50 as well.

Wimpreed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same issue with the right hinge as well. It's just glued to the glass with this black junk. Sooner or later on hinge will brake out. It started with mine the same way like yours looks now and then the hindge came more and more out.
I took out the tailglas and cleaned up the area around the hinge and reattached it with JB weld. No problems with it since than anymore. This is how it looks right now.

View attachment 9260
I did the same as you but I cannot get the holes to align to slide the glass back in. Any tips?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did the same as you but I cannot get the holes to align to slide the glass back in. Any tips?
Buy a used glass from a wrecking yard. You can get one around me for $40. I can’t imagine they’re much more anywhere else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne