Life of Tahoe Oem rear shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What lifespans are people getting from rear oem standard shocks?
Our '08 truck has 89k miles on the Z71 suspension. It doesn't appear to act badly but that might be a misconception due to gradual degradation.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
IMO, if you are thinking about it at 89k and have the money, replace them. You said it best, " gradual degradation." You will feel a difference, especially with new Bilstein shocks.

OP
OP
EddieC

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO, if you are thinking about it at 89k and have the money, replace them. You said it best, " gradual degradation." You will feel a difference, especially with new Bilstein shocks.

Was on the fence about brand. We had no complaints about the Chevy Z71s and Rock Auto has them.
Are the Bilsteins ******* the (owner's) body? .....Classic Mustang GT?

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What lifespans are people getting from rear oem standard shocks?
Our '08 truck has 89k miles on the Z71 suspension. It doesn't appear to act badly but that might be a misconception due to gradual degradation.

Mileage matters but so does time, you're at twelve years now. I've got 150K on mine and am ten years now. Still no leaks and rides fine by me. Still, I'd like to put in new springs and shocks in the next year or so.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
IMO, you cannot go wrong with the Bilstein shocks. The ride will be different because of the gradual decline of the old shocks and new will feel different. Not ******* any body unless of course you want the Cadillac float sensation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout