Life Expectancy OEM Air Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Christoph

Reaction score
We just purchased a 2015 Yukon SLT with factory 22" wheels, z85 suspension and the auto leveling towing package option. It's a stiff ride with wheel hop in the rear shocks. At 92K miles. Does anyone know about how long the air shocks are good for?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Typically 100k, just depends on how the truck was driven and chance, on the nnbs you start seeing failures starting around 80k, on the newer k2xx I have seen people start reporting problems sooner like 65k

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
At 92k the Nivomat shocks have outlived their lifespan. The motion of the shock itself is what controls the ride height. If you have no evidence of them being replaced, get new ones simply as a normal service item for wear, tear and milage.

Address the wheel hop next. Make sure you have the 22’s balanced by a shop that regularly mounts and balances biggins.

If the tire shop doesn’t know how to calibrate their tire balance machine, odds are they’ll get your 22’s on it and never get them balanced. Out of a lack of training and experience they say, “it took a long time and I got it as close as I could, but your rims are bent”. It takes a pro to read a blem in the tire and work the machine to balance it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts