Leveling question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

Tractoman

Reaction score
How did it ride with the stock springs and the bilsteins?
It rode OK but the springs had 84K on them. The reason I replaced them is one had a small 3" piece broken off the end of the coil where it allows the spring to wrap around the perch. The new ones feel a bit stiffer but not harsh at all. Feels better to me and since I tow a boat, prefer something a little stiffer anyway.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It rode OK but the springs had 84K on them. The reason I replaced them is one had a small 3" piece broken off the end of the coil where it allows the spring to wrap around the perch. The new ones feel a bit stiffer but not harsh at all. Feels better to me and since I tow a boat, prefer something a little stiffer anyway.
So, save for the towing and broken spring, you would've left it? One other thing because I may have missed it, did you have ZW7 smooth ride suspension before?

OP
OP
T

Tractoman

Reaction score
Yes, I do have ZW7 but not self leveling. I would have left them if not for the broken spring.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I do have ZW7 but not self leveling. I would have left them if not for the broken spring.
10-4, appreciate it. This goes against the general rule that the ZW7 has to have springs replaced if going to Bilsteins. Any pics of the truck with the shocks in but not the new springs?

OP
OP
T

Tractoman

Reaction score
The after pick at the top of this thread was after the 5100's front and rear, but before the new rear coils. I discovered the broken rear coil when installing the rear spacers of the CCM kit. This pic is with the new moog coils.

after side.jpg

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The after pick at the top of this thread was after the 5100's front and rear, but before the new rear coils. I discovered the broken rear coil when installing the rear spacers of the CCM kit. This pic is with the new moog coils.

View attachment 81471
10-4, thanks brother. Truck looks real good btw.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...I tow a boat,

How does she sit with the boat hitched up, any sag?

This goes against the general rule that the ZW7 has to have springs replaced if going to Bilsteins.

I believe this is because folks equate the ZW7 suspension with the Nivomat shocks. It is RPO G69 that specifies Nivomat shocks which are used with softer springs. ZW7 is a basic, traditional, plain shock and coil spring set up, no leveling of any kind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep