Leveling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Captain Insaino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you guys run a 2.5” level without going nose high? I’m slightly over with a 2” level.

Personally, just in the looks category, I don’t think nose high looks bad. Here’s a pic of mine with seven eights inch higher in the front. This is of course, unloaded and impractical. I have since put a 1 inch spacer in the back
7E44F7FB-3EC0-4439-A650-2CD244B85EC5.jpeg

tim crow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I reached out to Tony who is on this site and is someone who specializes in suspension and he recommended to me to use a BellTech 1" spacer for the rear springs, part #35323, I ordered from Amazon for around $32 bucks and went this morning to install and just like the instructions from Belltech stated, the rear shocks need to be unbolted, and the rear suspension dropped and we pulled out the coils and the spacers fit right in the bottom of the rubber that holds the spring and put it back together, took maybe 30min total. Problem solved...the kompressor has not kicked back on at all...unfortunately having the front lifted where there was a rake in the rear it was causing the kompressor to turn on constantly to compensate. So far today after installing the spacers it sits more level and the ride is just fine.
Thank you very much to Tony Norcal SS for his guidance and professional advice, I would have gladly bought from him, but he recommended to just buy the part direct. Nice having people here to help! I appreciate the advice and hopefully this will be useful to others. Attached is a pic of the truck before, and then a pic of the spacer installed and then after.

View attachment 204055 View attachment 204056 View attachment 204057
Amazon says belltech part number 35323 doesn't fit my 17 tahoe and the reviews are for the previous generation of tahoes

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Kyle Goodman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you level the front with a 1.5" spacer do you need upgraded ball joints/upper camber arms and different struts for the added height?

Have been trying to search but most threads just discuss what was used to level the height not other components.

Any info would be extremely appreciated!!!

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you level the front with a 1.5" spacer do you need upgraded ball joints/upper camber arms and different struts for the added height?

Have been trying to search but most threads just discuss what was used to level the height not other components.

No, nothing extra is needed.

Last edited:

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Nope, wont need anything else but an alignment.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would say that is a personal call...the manufactures say nothing, but in my experiences, the upper ball joint mostly is at the limit of its angles. all of the level kits i have done with upper arms ride far better. typically do to shape and angle allowing droop before hitting bump stop.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would say that is a personal call...the manufactures say nothing, but in my experiences, the upper ball joint mostly is at the limit of its angles. all of the level kits i have done with upper arms ride far better. typically do to shape and angle allowing droop before hitting bump stop.

Its an inch and a half. Yea thats something, but nothing like 3 inches or more.

I had the 1.5” kit on my wifes denali. Literally could not tell the difference in drivability...it drive absolutely identical. Just looked a little taller up front.

No matter what you do with the upper control arm, the bumpstops are still contacting the same places.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its an inch and a half. Yea thats something, but nothing like 3 inches or more.

I had the 1.5” kit on my wifes denali. Literally could not tell the difference in drivability...it drive absolutely identical. Just looked a little taller up front.

No matter what you do with the upper control arm, the bumpstops are still contacting the same places.
Yeah, wut he said^^^^^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons