Level kit questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigRed300r

Reaction score
So last July I obtained my 04 tahoe z71. It looks lifted but not sure if keys were just jacked up or if a level kit is installed or a lift level kit. Does anyone know if 33" tires will fit and not scrub at full lock with factory keys turned up. Also when I replaced the shocks on front they seemed about 1/2" to short. Played hell getting the bolts out and back in. They were the same length as the factory Rancho shocks that were pulled off. The rise is bad and it is all over the road. Could this be that there is a lift installed with no shock extenders? I don't know. Maybe someone here will know. I will say the keys are maxed at this time. But the shocks should have enough to travel to not bottom out when truck is off the ground. The front suspension doesn't move much at all when lifted off the ground.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 33's (33.25 to be specific) on my 2004 Silverado 2500, and they just barely rub. They were installed by the previous owner, but I am also fairly sure I'm on stock keys and they are not cranked all the way. It's only about 1/4", and only in some situations. So trimming or mashing the fender well would make them clear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts