Lets talk MSRP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USCG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone know of a dealer in the Houston, TX area doing MSRP ?

Also the Cincinnati or Columbus, OH area ?

cclark20

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just brought home a 22 High Country a few days ago.....I was lucky to catch one in transit and secure it with a deposit. I paid MSRP, which once again lucky as around here anything with a 5.3 is 5k over and the 6.2's is 10k over. There was a dealer 2 hours north that wasn't playing that game, but laughed at me when I mentioned my supplier discount. They said you realize you can drive this off the lot and immediately make 5-10k profit. I guess it's just the day and age we are in right now...
Yes most of the dealers keep saying well they guy down the street has theirs at 10K over sticker.

Also selling a new Tahoe @ 10K over your OTD cost on an MSRP purchase is mostly dealer BS.

On a 80K sticker plus dealer fees and TTT puts the real cost around 88K+-. Good luck getting a third party company to pay 98K on a non- limited production vehicle with a MSRP of 80K.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Called two dealers in the Dallas area, one wouldn’t tell me how much over sticker as I didn’t satisfy their pre-qualifying questions (they had probably 6-7 on the lot so I’m guessing they were close to $10k over) and the other dealer was $6k over with no inventory….second dealer I Ap had asked about one in transit and they said they could order one similar

MyChevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ordered a 2021 Tahoe LT on Jan 12, 2021 at MRSP less $3,000, trade estimated at that time on lowball side to be finalized at time of delivery. 2021 was never built. Ordered 2022 Aug 27 with no firm price or delivery date. Took delivery Nov 9 on ordered unit with no deleted options got $3,000 discount off of MRSP which was $1,965 higher than 2021 but trade was increased by $3,500. Dealer treated us well.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are paying msrp but most other dealers I talked to are marking up at least $5,000. Those marking up have been a lost more generous with the trade at least for the few I talked too.

Here in Ohio you only get a break on sales tax from your trade-in if you are buying a New ride. Used, gets full amount taxable even if you are trading for $1.00.

94SupraTT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Kool Chevrolet in Grand Rapids, MI. I had 6 dealerships battle it out online……none started worse than MSRP
Was this for a SUV in stock or was this ordered? I'm in the market POTENTIALLY if I can make the numbers work. I believe it's going to have to be a Premium because we want adaptive cruise control, cooled seats, and sunroof.

Unluckycharm

Reaction score
Anyone know of a dealer in the Houston, TX area doing MSRP ?

Also the Cincinnati or Columbus, OH area ?
Try Tom Gill in Florence. I am north of Cincinnati, but they let me order at MSRP and let me use my GM supplier discount too. Placing my order to 3000 status code was 2 weeks.

terptahoe

Reaction score
Hi all - figured I would pass this find along. In an attempt to find a diesel Yukon or Tahoe on the way to a dealer that wasn't already pre-sold i happened to stumble upon a gem that wasnt pre-sold and that happened to be going to a dealer that is willing to part with it at sticker price. this is in North Carolina.

I unfortunately am going to pass on this to hold out for a Yukon but if you are in the market for this... let me know and i can PM you the info of the tahoe, dealer, and salesperson.

brockp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had to fill out form on gm website link with my company code info. Once i did that it took me to discounts off chevy vehicles and provided that to the local dealer along with the company code. I am definitely not complaining given incentives and discounts on new vehicles are pretty much at a bare minimum these days. When we purchased our 2018 tahoe. We had $9500 off msrp
Did the same, had to call almost all the dealers in my state, found 3 willing to do it and one with a Yukon SLT at 3400 that I snagged.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne