lets talk drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score
ok so i started my drop. I have the front end done. And i want to go lower. But being 4x4 i cant do much more that i have already done. Anyone else on here lower a 4x4? Its 3.5 inches lower in the front and will be 4 lower in the rear.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Oh o some people are gonna start crapping on you for lowering a 4*4, but I think people all over here have lower z71's and regular Tahoes, look around a bit.
I do know you should have no problems lowering it though, just like any other 2WD but suspension gurus like Max can confirm.....

OP
OP
D

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score
haha yes i am lowering a 4 wheel drive. But you cant lower it like a 2 wheel drive. They use coil springs up front. 4 uses bars. And i have already done keys and the decrank. What ere can i do to get more drop

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did keys and a crank and Its as low as I can go! Happy with my setup! If I hit nice bump at a decent speed I'm rubbing.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
really tiny wheels and tires, a nice set of 10" would get you a bit lower. Lift it, fat chicks can't jump!

on a serious note try the new keys and did you flip the axel in the back? when I say flip I mean pu it inside the leafs instead of under. That will get you lower in the rear.

nc6600

ps trucks in drive
Reaction score
Oh o some people are gonna start crapping on you for lowering a 4*4, but I think people all over here have lower z71's and regular Tahoes, look around a bit.
I do know you should have no problems lowering it though, just like any other 2WD but suspension gurus like Max can confirm.....
Hold on crap coming.

roadrageror

ROADRAGEROR
Reaction score
I just dropped my 99 Denali 4" front and rear. It's a 4x4 and it looks pro!! I used a bell tech kit. I had to get smaller tires 265.30.22 instead of the 305.40.22 I had. I wouldn't want mine any lower no rub no problems...except it is alot stiffer ride. Roadrageror @ car domain pics of before and after thanks. Only problem is next year when I try to fit 26s I might have to tweek a few things. Better to lower a 4x4 than lift a 2wd I say but to each his own!

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the lift the 4x4 and lower the 4x2 is an whole other thread and will be split 50/50. Like it was said, to each it own. If it makes you happy...then it is good. Unique anything has the potential to be cool

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63