Let's see your aftermarket running boards!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hummin24

Reaction score
For those worried about fade of the OEM running boards I pulled mine off - barely prepped them- and hit them with gloss black 99cent spray paint and six months later they still look great. Takes like 30 mins per side.

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I ended up going with these.
https://www.roughcountry.com/rc-gm-...cc1573t.html?find=2015-chevy-tahoe-4wd-738208

I’m not sure if I am a fan or not. They hang almost 2 inches lower than the stockers. They are about the same height as the transfer case skid plate now. I guess that’s not really a big deal. The step placement for the front will take some getting used to. I’m an average size guy, but use the step soView attachment 258032 View attachment 258033 View attachment 258034 I won’t wear out the leather seat by sliding off the edge. It’s more forward than I’m used to. Just like the nfabs but cheaper. Great quality, good packaging. Not even a scratch. All of the hardware is quality. Super no brainer install. On a sidenote, it looked pretty cool without any runningboards at all. You would just have to keep the frame rails clean and rattle canned.

Like the look but not sure I'd want anything that hangs lower than the stock ones...

Anybody else running anything different? I have been looking for something that replicates the look of the OEM Z71 tubular bars.

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I bought a set like CaptainInsaino. Couldn't find OEM Z71 steps listed ANYWHERE - all I found were the Tahoe ones which seem like they'd be comically short for a Suburban (not to mention they're insanely expensive).

Only tubular steps I could find were chinese garbage except one company who makes what are allegedly black stainless steel ones, but I couldn't find a single post by a single person who has them actually installed.

If I don't like these Rough Country ones I'll just leave it with no steps at all and my kids can use a damn step stool.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Captain Insaino

Captain Insaino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I bought a set like CaptainInsaino. Couldn't find OEM Z71 steps listed ANYWHERE - all I found were the Tahoe ones which seem like they'd be comically short for a Suburban (not to mention they're insanely expensive).

Only tubular steps I could find were chinese garbage except one company who makes what are allegedly black stainless steel ones, but I couldn't find a single post by a single person who has them actually installed.

If I don't like these Rough Country ones I'll just leave it with no steps at all and my kids can use a damn step stool.

I may pull mine off and do the same. The driver step is too far forward for me....I'm interested to know if you like them. No one who rides in my truck has a problem with them but me.

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good? What do you think?

Jury is still out. I like it a lot with nothing at all but I think it needs to have something.

Overall I’m pleased. The steps are very nice and install was a cinch. I wish the hoops didn’t drop so low and you’re right, the front step is a hair too far forward.

Went to get gas this morning and pulled up alongside a 2019-ish Silverado “altitude” edition and he had the same steps (and the same tires as me). They look right at home on the pickups.

Overall I’m going for a Z71 clone look and these combined with my lift, tires and wheels definitely work toward that.

I’ll keep them on for the winter and see how they fare.

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couldn’t agree more, looks clean with nothing. I may end up doing the same eventually.

Keep us posted if you find decent nerfs, that’s what I wanted to start with but couldn’t find anything besides chinese crap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon