Lemon Law Legal Notice- California

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WTSHARK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received what appears to be a solicitation from a law firm in Los Angeles. It's marked "Notice of Pending Lemon", and goes on to say "Our investigation reveals your vehicle may be a lemon; 2015 GMC Yukon"
It goes on:
"Re: Pending Lemon- Case #: 922701
1. Transmission Issues: Hard shifts, shift delays, clunking in low gears, hesitation with acceleration, metallic banging noises and shaking.
2. Engine Issues: Misfires, shaking, grinding noises, ticking noises, check engine light on, fuel injector failure, wire harness and ECM replacement.
3. Brake Issues: Increased brake pedal effort (brake fade).
If you have experienced any of these problems, and have made a warranty repair visits for one or more, we can help and you may have a lemon on your hands. We can help you get your money back.
No recovery, no fee. Our clients have received between 25,000 to 150,000 for their defective vehicles"

Now, I understand this is literal phishing on behalf of some attorney looking to file suits against GM and make some $, this is akin to one of our local slip and fall attorneys, whose ads were so common the phrase "La(*$ Pa*#@( got me 2.1 million dollars" and became synonymous with all slip/fall/collision/ambulance chasing litigation in So. Cal.
Having said that, I have not experienced any of these issues and aside from my paint failure and my electrical issue last year (both were very lengthy posts in their respective threads), I was wondering if anyone else received one of these notices, (obviously, this will probably only apply in the greater southern California area) or experienced any of these issues and what was the outcome.

I have no intention of contacting these folks, especially from a blind ad mailer letter, but figured I'd ask around-

TChas999

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have received a similar solicitation. Not sure if I am gonna follow up on it or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buckeyeglazier