LED'S On My Cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devious_Tahoe96

Mr. Budwieser
Reaction score
I got a blown out light in my cluster and its driving me crazy. I want to just switch out the OEM lights to some LED'S. Any tips on the easiest way to swap em??

:help:

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
Pretty straight foward. Remove the lower and upper dash bezels. Move on to taking out the gauge cluster, you will have to move the gear indicator down to make it easier. Make sure the LEDs are working before you go and bold everything into place.

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
if you are going with V-LEDs then go with the 6LED bulbs or even the ones with 4LEDs.

If you go wit superbrightleds.com, go with the 5LED bulbs, one fires foward and the other 4 diagnollay.

OP
OP
Devious_Tahoe96

Devious_Tahoe96

Mr. Budwieser
Reaction score
well haks you seem to know alot about electrical systems in the hoe's so i got some questions...

1. What is the inexpensive HID conversion kit i can get online?

2.Which ones are the best?? (ex. 6000k/ 8000k)

i've heard that some guy sells them at the swap meet for under $100 but i think ppl are just full of :bs:

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
Well you can go with TYC's Headlight and HID kit combo. They are headlights designed wit a HID reflector so they will be DOT and SAE legal. Bulbs are 4300K, so they are a white color and are the brightest Kelvin temperature. They also come wit a wiring harness so you alao get the 4hi mod.

If you already have headlights and just need a HID kit you can go with DDMtuning.com. You won't get the nice cut off line as you would if you were running a HID reflector or true projectors. I wouldn't go over 6000K, anything higher is just too blue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos