LED upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Hey there Archer04, I'm a little confused. I know your post came after the sticky on LEDs, but it appears those LEDs are PNP, so how do you install the ones you bought? Did you take the original bulbs out of their base and re-use the bases so they plug back into the bulb sockets?

Also how did 100 bulbs not do the job? Is the kit assorted sizes and you needed more of a particular color, size or voltage?
@Archer04 hasn't been on since 2017.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Hey there Archer04, I'm a little confused. I know your post came after the sticky on LEDs, but it appears those LEDs are PNP, so how do you install the ones you bought? Did you take the original bulbs out of their base and re-use the bases so they plug back into the bulb sockets?

Also how did 100 bulbs not do the job? Is the kit assorted sizes and you needed more of a particular color, size or voltage?

Not PNP. His is an 04, so it's different than your 01, as well. I think your 01 might still have bulbs that you can simply replace with LED in your cluster, at least. The buttons, switches, etc will all be tear down, solder in the LED and resistor jobs. Look up @ScottyBoy's write ups. They are both here and on GMFS.

lowpost99

Lowpost99
Reaction score
Not PNP. His is an 04, so it's different than your 01, as well. I think your 01 might still have bulbs that you can simply replace with LED in your cluster, at least. The buttons, switches, etc will all be tear down, solder in the LED and resistor jobs. Look up @ScottyBoy's write ups. They are both here and on GMFS.
Thanks! And yes my cluster were 194's with provided twist sockets PNP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe