LED replacement tail lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You wash and wax it a lot? I've seen a lot of these 00-06 GM full size Suvs with peeling coat problems on the roofs and hoods in ads when I was looking for one,it makes me wonder if GM use cheap clear coat , lol I think GM should repaint my Yukon for Free LOL
I wash it a lot, I have waxed the roof once or twice only but the hood and the rest gets waxed regularly. And we have no road salt here, don’t know if that’s causing issues for others.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I wash it a lot, I have waxed the roof once or twice only but the hood and the rest gets waxed regularly. And we have no road salt here, don’t know if that’s causing issues for others.
Usually the sun . See the roof and hood paint fading and chipping almost every time in south states, tx, socal, fl, ...
I’m sure a regular wax would help tremendously, but you’d have to be the original owner from 02 lol

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Usually the sun . See the roof and hood paint fading and chipping almost every time in south states, tx, socal, fl, ...
I’m sure a regular wax would help tremendously, but you’d have to be the original owner from 02 lol
Jersey too.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Makes sense.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Jersey too.
Originally from jersey ? Or moved up from a southern state? There’s a couple in Alaska too but very rare. Not sure if they were bought here. But definitely way more common in hot states

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Originally from jersey ? Or moved up from a southern state? There’s a couple in Alaska too but very rare. Not sure if they were bought here. But definitely way more common in hot states
Yup, been in Jersey it's whole life, down the shore. I don't think that makes a difference tho. The summers here are hot too.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys sorry to revive an older thread, but I’m having an issue with the exact SAME tail light set. I got them a couple weeks ago and my set has the exact same resistor that the OP bought off amazon, already wired into the brake light wires. Yet I still have NO cruise control. The lights in my housings all function exactly as they should, and I double checked all the fuses pertaining to the stop lamps and all my fuses are good. What am I missing? I can’t figure out why I have no cruise because the tails already have load resistors. Do I need the flasher relay mentioned at the beginning of the thread? Here are a couple shots of the tail light housings for reference.

B39206A8-CF8C-47E0-88C1-A53B33F6A99A.jpeg 8032C5FE-80F6-46E9-A123-9A81FCB8728C.jpeg 1EE27EE1-2B28-435B-AF3F-1E2B9274E322.jpeg
The load resistors are wired into the middle light socket which I’m assuming is the brake lights and the top is turn signal? Is that correct? Or is it the other way around? I should add that the way there plugged in right now brake, turn, and the U bar LED, which lights up at night as the running light, function correctly.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Following. I just installed my Spec-D tail lights today and I have lost cruise control as well.
I realized im a Dodo .... the resistor is wired into my turn signals and NOT the brake lights. I thought it was wired into brake lights so I was stumped. Had to take a look at the harnesses... ordered a couple more load resistors from amazon so when they get here I have to wire them into the brake light harness.

Partsguy61

Reaction score
Looks like it's time to order a resistor. A previous post said only one was required if I read it correctly.

Just ordered mine off of Ebay. They should be here in a couple of days. Those of you that have added these to take care of the cruise issue, can you show how you hooked these into the brake wiring please?

Thanks.

Last edited: