LED Headlights Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A good set of LED bulbs have proven to perform great in the halogen low beam headlights of the Tahoe/Yukons.

The more and more pics I see of Tahoe/Yukon owners upgrading their stock halogen low beams to a good set of LED bulbs the more I’m convinced that doing so in fact out performs the OEM HID’s in the Yukon Denali and high trim Tahoe’s that came with OEM HIDs.
The main reason we switched to LED was for the lower power demand, and therefore heat, that the bulbs developed. Too many times we've gone to replace burned halogen bulbs only to find the heat-cycled, brittle, socket also has to be replaced. Problem solved with LEDs, and the added bonus is the incredible light they put out.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine's a 2016. I tried aftermarket LED bulbs once in 2018; not an awesome experience. The product had great Amazon reviews and lots of them, but in my truck they never fit snugly into the sockets. They moved around and wouldn't maintain a good aim. Then after about 18 months they became very dim, or else they had drooped inside of the housing so much that not enough light was escaping. Any case, I went back to Silverstar halogens in 2020 and sort of forgot about it.

Last week I had to replace bulbs in my daughter's RAV4. Installing bulbs in a RAV4 is a 5 minute deal, so I figured I'd venture into the LED world again to see if products had improved in the 3 years that had passed. I found a well reviewed set and they showed up a few days ago.

Certainly no issue with fitment, tight as a lock. Aiming was simple, the popsicle sticks rotate. Light output seems pretty good.

So I may try a set of H11s on my Tahoe. These bulbs are under 30 bucks, so little to lose.

SSpinball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
virtually any Led will be better than gm Halogen headlights, they are terrible !

Hattie2879

Reaction score
It's been a minute since I thought of upgrading my halogen lights to LED and seem to recall something about a flickering problem. Anyone have any info on this? Or should I just be able to purchase some LEDS and plug them in with no issues?

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use Lasfit light bulbs in my high beams, low beams, fog lights, and reverse lights, and have had them installed since October 2021 and am very satisfied with light output and color temperature as well. I have other aftermarket LED light bulbs in the license plate lights and mirror puddle lamps. Everything else is LED from the factory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shahid