LED DRL Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cuco

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just saw a Tahoe LT using the OE LEDs as DRLs at full 100% brightness on the road. I made sure it was a LT model and it looked totally stock, even had the entry level honeycomb pattern grille. Someone, somewhere has figured it out. I couldn't stop him to ask cause he was going the opposite way. Does anyone have any idea or an update on how to achieve this?? Not interested in the Gen5DIY harness mod.

OP
OP
cuco

cuco

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Its a 15...I’ve heard the same but the Tahoe I saw was definitely pre 18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

munch520

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Weird, I wonder when they redid this for the GMC line. We have a '17 SLT and it has LED DRLs from factory

MidnightRider

Reaction score
I have thought about this a few days and can’t find a good way to ask this question without sounding condescending but how do you tell an 18 from a pre 18 by meeting it on the road? I know any LTZ is pre but that wouldn’t apply to this thread. I really am just curious about the differences in the LT trim. The signature package is the only way I know.

OP
OP
cuco

cuco

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So 18s and up have the LEDs at full brightness as standard (all trims), pre 18s only have this feature on LTZ trims. So for starters thats the main noticeable difference. I think you are on to something here...I might have run into a 2018 LT or LS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dooba

Reaction score
Weird, I wonder when they redid this for the GMC line. We have a '17 SLT and it has LED DRLs from factory

We own a 16 SLT that also has factory LED DRLs. Its standard across all yukon trims since ‘15.

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We own a 16 SLT that also has factory LED DRLs. Its standard across all yukon trims since ‘15.

This doesn't apply to the Chevy line. MY 17 Burb has the "dim" DRLs that aren't on during the day. They use the headlamps at low voltage for DRLs and the LED strip kicks on after dusk. However, if you look at my LED strip at specific angles, you can see a single bright (think LTZ level) LED in the light strip on each side. Not sure if the whole strip can be lit up that was but from everything I have read the headlight LED RDL strip is a different part number for 15-17 LS & LTs vs LTZs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rs401