LED bulbs for 2017 Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dsh1106

Reaction score
Hi All

I've looked through what seems like hundreds of posts and couldn't find a definite yes or no answer.

So I'll ask here.
Are there any quality LED headlight bulbs out there that fit the STOCK projector headlight capsule?

if you've bought some and they fit without "Modding" the capsule, I'd like to hear about these bulbs. If you purchased some and they didn't work well I'd like to hear about these too.

Thanks
Scott

sspearsau

Reaction score
Yes, that is the set I purchased. I do not use high beams often enough to warrant an upgrade, but they offer them for those as well. The high beams are not projector though, which I am sure you are aware.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
There are No quality LED bulbs because LED’s are not bulbs. Some are shaped like bulbs but the pattern they produce is not ANYTHING that the reflector in the housing is compatible with.

You can get close with some LED assemblies that provide a decent pattern, however bleed of unused light aimed at oncoming traffic is simply unacceptable. LED “upgrade / retrofit” kits are imported, but not legal. In the U.K. they’ll impound your vehicle if you back sass when caught running them.

HID aren’t a legal upgrade. They are a bulb though, so the reflector housing can overcome the differences in the spread of light by simply tilting, pushing or pulling the bulb in the housing.

SEMA will not tolerate what are marketed as LED headlight retrofit kits. The clowns that push to get a booth marketing them “for off-road use only” are a pariah to the industry and there’s no discussion about exceptions. Running what’s touted as a LED retrofit kit in HID or Incandescent housings is a fad that will pass in shame like the color matched led washer nozzles and windshield wiper arm rubber boots sold at Pep Boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sspearsau

Reaction score
I do not disagree with @petethepug about LED technology not being a perfect marriage to projectors, however....compared to stock halogen bulbs, there is no comparison. The LED bulbs provide significantly better light output improving visibility tenfold. You have to pay for it though. The $35 Amazon bulbs wouldn’t cut it for me. GTR 2 bulbs cost $200, and the quality shows.

AJMBLAZER

Reaction score
Opt 7 Fluxbeam X lights. Installed them in my 2011 Silverado a few years ago and then Put them in our 2017 Yukon when I got the 2019 Silverado last year.

Work great, lots of bright white light, and a flat even horizontal line without bleed through or artifacts above it. Fit without any issues.

Pops McGee

Reaction score
Diode Dynamics work great for me. Not cheap but the whole assembly fit into the stock location.

AJMBLAZER

Reaction score
Oh, as far as the high beams go I did the 9011/9012 mod. Can't remember off the top of my head which bulb it is but they're a much brighter and better bulb than the 9006 that the trucks have from the factory. You mod the bulb base a little and they plug right in and work fine. I did a set for my '11 Silverado years ago and then moved them to the Yukon last year without any troubles.

A google search should pull the conversion up.

OP
OP
D

dsh1106

Reaction score
I purchased a set of OSRAM H11 LED Fog light bulbs.

I was impressed with the light cutoff and beam pattern. These bulbs have a cleaner cutoff line than the halogen bulbs did and the beam pattern was I identical at 15 feet on the wall. Granted these bulbs are only rated at 760 lumens per bulb but the light output is at least double what the halogen bulbs that are stock equipment.

Scott

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon