I was worried about this failing again that’s why I covered the repair with a small piece of electrical tape and globbed Dynaflex sealant over it. Definitely waterproof and able to handle four seasons. Plus I can scrap it off if I run into issues again (like me repairing this repair). Seems like the best repair would be to either use a humongous glob of solder or preferably a small copper wire so it can handle the flex that is going on in there. What a weird design.
Just did this tonight. I pulled the drivers side unit and it appears to have already have had a repair that failed. Seems like you have to either jump it with a wire or use a much more rigid jumper than just soldering the cracks. I suppose globbing the hell out if it with solder would work.
I used a dremel tool with a grinding burr. This was 100x easier than a “hot knife”.