Leaking Windshield Washer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buffdriver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2005 Yukon Denali: Anyone have diagram / guidance on accessing the windshield washer reservoir and hoses? I'm peeing fluid on my driveway. Thanks!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As swathdiver states, all of the parts that you need to check out are under the wheel well and visible, after pulling the front end of the wheel well liner back.

Before doing that, however, check the windshield washer hose coupling along the left side of the engine compartment, in the engine side of the wheel well, right above the wheel well, about 4-6 inches below the hood line. I had a similar situation as yours, and after peeling back the wheel well liner and checking out the windshield washer pumps, only to find that they were fine, I subsequently discovered that the hose coupling had become separated. I just pushed the hose back into the coupling, and I have not had an issue since.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks all!!
this is what happens
1. one of the pumps will crack and leak
2. pump seal will leak (where the pump inserts into the tank)
3 reservoir tank cracks
4. one of the plastic lines cracks
once you have the splash guard off take a flashlight and take a close look from underneath, get a helper to run the front & back pumps and see if you can determine the source of the leak
if you cant find it you may have to pull the battery out and the battery tray to pull the tank
if it is just a pump you can get it in & out from the bottom but will take a little extra work

*** I guess the 05 might already have the battery on the passenger side not sure what year they moved the battery

virgil

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine was leaking also, I just ordered the whole thing from Rockauto and replaced all of it, not that expensive. Also my tank was cracked, just pull the battery and tray and swap it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout