Leaking shocks.. magneride. Work with us GM!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to vent. I know this isn’t in the suspension forum and plenty of others have discussed. Wish we could get some action on this.

Just hit 40,000 miles on my 2015 LTZ. Front shocks leaking. Seems like a major issue with magneride. Denali, Escalade and the Chevy and GMC trucks too. Has anyone gotten decent mileage out of theirs before experiencing leaks and rough ride? Really seems like something GM should address. Cost of repair is outrageous- $1800 for fronts. Failure is happening much sooner than I ever experienced with shocks or struts in my many miles of driving.

I’ll end up pulling them off and taking to a shop to compress the springs if GM won’t work with me on price. Easy enough to get them out. Really just disappointed on the quality. Definitely take into consideration when I spend another $70k on a vehicle.
Is this a common problem too on the 16 and 17 and 18 still who can reply to know if it has been solved or still an issue help us with your feed back. Or this only is on 15 year models . What are one choices rockauto seems one .

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The bags are a wear and tear item but if they’re not made to handle the wear from the chassis, that’s another issue.

Once out of warranty, go back into warranty with Arnott. By purchasing the Arnott lifetime replacement bags one more time, you’re done paying for new bags forever.

Keep in mind that unlike mono tube hydraulic struts, when a bag fails, it’s toast. A standard shock will slowly fail and may provide some level of performance for one or two cycles.

I prefer the superior ride of bags 100% of the time til they fail. Free replacement for life w/ Arnott is win. I was quite pleased to return our 19 Burb LT after taking it though the neighbourhood shortcut of speed bumps. The tried and true magneride on our 08 XL wins me back every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G00se

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this a common problem too on the 16 and 17 and 18 still who can reply to know if it has been solved or still an issue help us with your feed back. Or this only is on 15 year models . What are one choices rockauto seems one .

Had to replace my fronts on my 16 at 62k miles. Was quoted $1800 by dealer, bought OEM off rock auto and had a local shop install for $200.

CreteLife

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm having my RF shock replaced now on my 15i Denali with 83k miles. Extended Platinum warranty ran out at 75k. I'm also having repeated fuel injector issues. My bill is $1800 total though so you may want to check the shop charges on your quote. I'll be following up personally with GM Customer Care as they're generally receptive towards finding a middle ground especially for repeat buyers of their most expensive models. The dealer won't do a single thing for you so don't bother.
Curious on your fuel injector problems. I had issues while under GM certified warranty. They would only replace 2. Seems to idle like ****. Running premium and injector cleaner constanty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uuhh