Leaking Inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAWVORTEC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a normal rainfall this morning, and I noticed when I opened my wife's door, the carpet was wet next to door. Front passenger side right where door and footwell meet. It was just in that corner. It's not like it was flooded. Something that causes this? I'll crawl under after it dries up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RAWVORTEC

RAWVORTEC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
7a427d9ab18e01c61017ead90d4e2a1f.jpg

So this is leaking inside. Where do I start? The whole rear carpet is soaked on that side. Is there a drain hole that gets clogged?

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Door seals
Rear window seal
Trunk seal
Rear glass seal
Rear heater core leak
AC drain clogged
etc

Rule out the heater core - is it water or coolant?
Look underneath where the pipes go into the cabin. There's a drain by it. Is it clogged?

Pretty helpful to have 2 people. Shut yourself up in the back, have someone else hose the vehicle down. Find where it's wet and trace to the source

If memory serves, the rear blower pulls from the interior air volume. The only connection to the outside is through the bottom. Unless you're driving through flood water, that wouldn't be it

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Leaking after it rained should not be happening unless rain is getting in your distribution ducts and finding its way down into the box. But hat would mean likely leaks thru the sheet metal first. The evaporator drain would be likely pointed straight down so you can probably eliminate that as an entry point. the mounting points where the hardware mounting go is all on internal sheetmetal. So perhaps you have a window seal leaking into or on to and down the box or it is getting in your upper ducts some how. If it happens only when raining.

OP
OP
RAWVORTEC

RAWVORTEC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It just happened to rain that day when I noticed it. The issue was the rear ac condensation wasn't releasing out of the drip hole. For those that don't know, there is a separate hvac system for the rear seats. If you open the hatch, it is behind the piece of plastic to your right. It runs the whole length of the rear window(seen above in conversation). If you lay underneath the truck where the exhaust comes out, you'll see the hvac lines coming out of the bottom. You'll see a nipple-like piece of drip tube. Mine had become clogged with dirt, so I took a toothpick and cleared it out. Poured hot water around the inside unit, and kept cleaning it out. I cut the drip tube to be more open so hopefully this doesn't happen again. IMG_0119.JPGIMG_0118.JPG