leaking fluid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

supergreen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 96 4wd Tahoe, a/t ,with a whipple supercharger. The s/c was installed before I got the vehicle. It has 52000 miles. I noticed smoke coming from driverside rear engine area after turning off motor. Smelled like antifreeze. I crawled under vehicle and notice red fluid on bolts extending from bellhousing on drivers side. Any suggestions on possible fluid and cause of leakage. I have parked the vehicle and am waiting out an onslaught of rain that has plagued my part of the country.

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 96 4wd Tahoe, a/t ,with a whipple supercharger. The s/c was installed before I got the vehicle. It has 52000 miles. I noticed smoke coming from driverside rear engine area after turning off motor. Smelled like antifreeze. I crawled under vehicle and notice red fluid on bolts extending from bellhousing on drivers side. Any suggestions on possible fluid and cause of leakage. I have parked the vehicle and am waiting out an onslaught of rain that has plagued my part of the country.

Red=Transmission Fluid.

Post pictures of said leak. It might help more. Also, move this to the correct forum. You'll have more luck there.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
front seal on trans maybe leaking just bad enough that the converter is slinging it around..

Your antifreeze in radiator isn't red by chance is it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu