Latest Video on Engine Knock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
bigfootchiro

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going over the grounds, I can’t seem to find G110 on the rear passenger side of the head... is it supposed to be there?

FF9BF7D5-64A8-44EB-BE57-A5DBC3D96881.gif

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think this is it. It’s at the back, just to the right of the transmission dipstick tube.

a7ab35fce85ed646ac0aadc50879e1f2.jpg

Edit: guess I should thank you. It looks like my coil wire’s insulation has somehow melted with an adjacent plug wire. I wouldn’t have known if I didn’t take that picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgot to ask, have you checked the spark on 3 and 8 with a tester? Maybe consider swapping the cap with a Delco part. I had an off-brand cap fail after 3,000 miles that gave me weak spark on three cylinders and a no-start.

OP
OP
bigfootchiro

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think this is it. It’s at the back, just to the right of the transmission dipstick tube.

a7ab35fce85ed646ac0aadc50879e1f2.jpg

Edit: guess I should thank you. It looks like my coil wire’s insulation has somehow melted with an adjacent plug wire. I wouldn’t have known if I didn’t take that picture.

Yes that’s the one! How many ground wires do you have on there? The schematic shows 2 grounds, plus a grounding strap. I only have 1 ground and a grounding strap.

How did that happen? That’s crazy that they melted together. Could have been a disaster down the road! Glad you found it.

Forgot to ask, have you checked the spark on 3 and 8 with a tester? Maybe consider swapping the cap with a Delco part. I had an off-brand cap fail after 3,000 miles that gave me weak spark on three cylinders and a no-start.

I have a spark tester somewhere that I can use. I just got done swapping out for the old cap and rotor, and still same symptoms. I’m seeing that my from cap screw doesn’t hold well, due to the screw base being cracked (still secure enough), but symptoms still occur even when I hold down the cap by hand.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine (1998, 350) has one ground wire (coming from the bulk harness) and a strap that goes down toward the frame and into a metal shield looking thing.

Wow, what a crappy location to access, lol.

As for the wires, I must have nicked one when I did the intake gaskets and it melted into the other one. But it runs just fine, knock on wood. Guess I’ll replace them.

OP
OP
bigfootchiro

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine (1998, 350) has one ground wire (coming from the bulk harness) and a strap that goes down toward the frame and into a metal shield looking thing.

Wow, what a crappy location to access, lol.

I know I’m not missing a ground then. Thank you! I really is a pain in the ass. Best to use a 14mm wrench on the closed end, or you can slip in a socket, just difficult lol.

I’ll try and check spark in the morning. Can a worm distributor gear cause any of this? I’m starting to be at a loss here, and just about to throw in the towel.