Last minute lowering questions Update w/Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rex450se

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm going to be lowering my 2011 ESV tomorrow and was wondering if there were any tips or tricks from those who have installed it already. I went with NorcallSS's Belltech kit with spindles in the front and springs in the back and the rear DJM endlinks. When I lowered my Expedition and Colorado both there were things I would have liked to know before I did the work. Hit a couple snags that had I knew about previously wouldn't have caused me the delays that it did. Thanks in advance.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I'm going to be lowering my 2011 ESV tomorrow and was wondering if there were any tips or tricks from those who have installed it already. I went with NorcallSS's Belltech kit with spindles in the front and springs in the back and the rear DJM endlinks. When I lowered my Expedition and Colorado both there were things I would have liked to know before I did the work. Hit a couple snags that had I knew about previously wouldn't have caused me the delays that it did. Thanks in advance.

How low are you going???

You said spindles up front springs in the rear... so I assume a 2/3 or 2/4.

Will you be doing the free travel mod out back?

OP
OP
rex450se

rex450se

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2” in the front and probably 4” in the back. I will also be doing the free travel mod, yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Good sawzall blades for the free travel mod and be careful on the drivers side up near the front... the gas tank is just inside the frame rail and it is plastic so the sawzall will go into it like butter if your not careful.

You are only doing spindles up front so no need for cam plates or the work associated with those.

If your truck has auto leveling in the rear then you will need to adjust your auto leveling links to compensate for the drop.

Good luck and post pics when your done.

guy from norcal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If yours is 4wd take the axle out in front. makes it easier when you put the nut on the upper ball joint.

Good video if you get stuck

OP
OP
rex450se

rex450se

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So my Service Traction Control and Service Stabilitrack warnings are on the message center. Any ideas on what I could have ****** up?

OP
OP
rex450se

rex450se

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So my Service Traction Control and Service Stabilitrack warnings are on the message center. Any ideas on what I could have ****** up?

Update: it was the sensor on one of the front wheels. It appeared plugged in but after double checking, was not all the way connected. All warning lights are off and it rides great.

OP
OP
rex450se

rex450se

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Now that I have everything hooked up right, I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. Love the look and the ride. I can't tell any difference from the stock ride. If you are looking to lower your ride I couldn't recommend this kit enough.

Before
IMG_1182%201_zpsurgz92me.jpg

After
a_zpspwgvj3n2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davonlwilliams33