Largest Wheel & Tire size?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jbelvs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All,

In the process of doing a complete teardown and rebuild of a 96 Tahoe 4wd. This is bar far my favorite bodystyle. That being said, I am looking at what the largest wheel and tire I could go with. It will be a 3" body lift with a 6" suspension lift. I am open to spacers up to 2", IF it will make a difference. I dont want any scrubbing / rubbing.

Custom offsets states I can do up to 26" x 14"... I dont want low profile or anything silly, Looking for the largest.

Before anyone complains about what this will do for lack of power, transfer case, differentials. ALL of these are being changed and adapted for the large HP, and suspension mods.

Any light to this situation would be greatly appricated.

THANKS

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
spacers wont be needed if you match the rim offset to the tire you plan to run. however if you definitely going to have a wide tire pushed out pretty far id also jump straight to replacing the front wheel hubs with a new set of timkens. the more weight and the farther out you push the tire and rim the faster the front hubs with wear out. normally when they start to go id say you should get on it fairly quickly. with the extra wear your adding it will shorten the time you have from when you notice them failing. anyway no lift you can fit a 265 70 17. i think with a leveling kit you can fit 285***(something) with a full lift your talking with the right rim setup you could probably go with 35's but at 14 width your definitely going to be hanging out of the wheel well pretty far. specifics im not entirely sure of my wifes pretty short so the most i can do is 3in.on anything.

OP
OP
J

Jbelvs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes,
new wheel bearings as well. this is a COMPLETE rebuild. I would like to do 26x14's but do not want a stretched or low pro. So, I may consider 24's. I really want to know the largest tire I can put on, without rubbing or scrubbing. Hence why I asked about spacers. Not too worried about the Mrs. getting into it, she will prob complain about the noise anyway.... ha. The fender flares give me an additional 4"

Thanks,

spacers wont be needed if you match the rim offset to the tire you plan to run. however if you definitely going to have a wide tire pushed out pretty far id also jump straight to replacing the front wheel hubs with a new set of timkens. the more weight and the farther out you push the tire and rim the faster the front hubs with wear out. normally when they start to go id say you should get on it fairly quickly. with the extra wear your adding it will shorten the time you have from when you notice them failing. anyway no lift you can fit a 265 70 17. i think with a leveling kit you can fit 285***(something) with a full lift your talking with the right rim setup you could probably go with 35's but at 14 width your definitely going to be hanging out of the wheel well pretty far. specifics im not entirely sure of my wifes pretty short so the most i can do is 3in.on anything.

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
U can put any size tire on and make it fit if your rebuilding the whole truck. Buy the biggest tire u can find and then build the truck to fit it. I would do 30x16 with 40s... there’s acouple trucks with those and they are hugeeee.