LanceD's PPV Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The larger diameter pipe can only help. Was it a bolt-in swap, or did you have to modify anything? Looks like the front connection with the y-pipe may not be the same.

OP
OP
LanceD

LanceD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The larger diameter pipe can only help. Was it a bolt-in swap, or did you have to modify anything? Looks like the front connection with the y-pipe may not be the same.

It was different. I ended up using everything aft of the manifolds and everything fit perfect. All of the hangar spots are the same.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
It was different. I ended up using everything aft of the manifolds and everything fit perfect. All of the hangar spots are the same.

Aside from the sound... did you notice any difference in performance???

Good or bad... I was curious how the smaller engine reacted to the bigger pipe. Can you tell if it lost any torque?

OP
OP
LanceD

LanceD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aside from the sound... did you notice any difference in performance???

Good or bad... I was curious how the smaller engine reacted to the bigger pipe. Can you tell if it lost any torque?

It's hard to say. Maybe a few HP if I had to guess. But it sounds faster haha

OP
OP
LanceD

LanceD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered a 9.5" 14 bolt hybrid axle today.

OP
OP
LanceD

LanceD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checked operation of the locker and ran a few cans of brake cleaner through it. Sanded off most of the bubbled paint and rust. Fresh coat of rustoleum satin paint and some Lucas 75w90 and I think it's ready to go in. Just have to measure my u joint to see if it needs a different one.

20190106_144618.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues