KYB or Bilstein?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, mounting hole is clear. I'm thinking I got a bad batch of bushings. Everything looked legit, but I did order it from Amazon since it could get here in 2 days. I'm becoming more and more suspicious ordering from Amazon. Earlier this year I ordered a Delphi maf from Amazon, and it was a fake. Thanks for everyone's input! I hope this side bar helps the OP, but most likely OP is smarter.

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm returning these from Amazon and going to order from Rock Auto, but now another stupid question... Where is the vendor section that they post the latest discount code? I see a TYF preferred vendor section but RockAuto is not one of them.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
They used to be listed in the vendor section and posted a forum wide discount code for the site. I did send a question about this to the higher ups.

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PXL_20221110_194812860.jpgPXL_20221110_200149364.jpgPXL_20221110_194739358.jpg

Got some time off today for the Corp's birthday...
Ordered from Rock Auto (thanks @or_vietvet !), and the first thing I'll note is that the box is slightly different from the one I got from Amazon. The end cap has an extra flap that locks it together. This was not present on the Amazon KYB box,. The rubber bushing protrusion fits right into the hole in the frame designed for it. Again, I don't know if the one from Amazon was just a goofy batch on the rubber bushings or if it was truly a very well labeled fake, but I think I'm done with them for car parts. Gonna test drive later. Thanks everyone!

Addendum: amazing difference. Even though my front shocks weren't leaking or anything, and they felt fairly stiff, they obviously were worn as I can now go over bumps easily without what felt like side to side jiggle. The previous oem shocks were 7 years and 55k miles old.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh