Kumho Crugen HT51 vs Michelin Defender

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Notorious Big T

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Changing out my horrible Conti tires

But for my '15 Yukon XL stock 20" Rims

Thoughts on KUMHO CRUGEN HT51? NorthEast US geographically, with yearly trips to Florida

Its either that or The defenders, but Tirerack has them rated slightly higher, And It snows in NJ lol...

Thanks in advance!

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry but I wouldn't put Kuhmo's on anything I own. I personally have the defenders which so far are great!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had two sets of Michelin’s, one set of LTX A/T2s on my stock Denali 17s. They were absolutely fantastic. Rock solid tire. I then picked up a used set of used LTX M/S2s when I picked up my 2007 20inch wheels. The defenders are the updated version of these and I can’t say enough good things about them. They gave me roughly 10k miles and they were used! The defenders are great tires!

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had two sets of Michelin’s, one set of LTX A/T2s on my stock Denali 17s. They were absolutely fantastic. Rock solid tire. I then picked up a used set of used LTX M/S2s when I picked up my 2007 20inch wheels. The defenders are the updated version of these and I can’t say enough good things about them. They gave me roughly 10k miles and they were used! The defenders are great tires!

I wish they made the AT2's in a 285/45/22! They are superb! Not many choices in an all terrain in factory size.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After reading what you guys wrote, I dug a little deeper.
Apparently they have horrible road noise amongst other things!

Thanks for the feedback! Going defenders!
Good choice! Both sets of Michelin’s I had were extremely quiet. Even the A/T2s I had. I was surprised at how quiet they were.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charkmapman